Mars and Moon in heavenly show

arse.gif

You can now say you've seen ma arse too.

Thats not really your arse though, not enough wrinkles so don't flatter yourself pal...lol

I have seen many moons before better looking than that.

You eejit...:proud:

Nice the way has that distinctive reddy glow to it.

I've got all the kids out of bed to see it, lol.

more than i seen !! Missed the fookin lot ! damn this beer and digitalworldz !

this is the only one i got with both of them showing, i couldnt figure out how to work manual focus or i would have too the tripod out and went up to as much as i could with them both in shot.
hard to keep the camera still enough in your shorts in this weather :cold:

Last edited:
woo here is 2/3 of the moon @ 35x
this is the best one i could get without it moving to a comletley different part of the sky when i pressed th button

I can see it very clearly. I've tried taking some pics but they look like one of those photos of someone waving a sparkler :(

not just me then lol

I first seen it at 5.30 pm and pointed it out 2 my m8 who said its a star lol silly fooker :)

mind you mars was still visible at 6 am when i got up as well

zippyzippy said:
By the way pips, this is in no way a dig at you. I've no idea of photography. I would like to see a better quality pic of this, both of the moon and mars.

Why would I think you're having a go at me.
I merely pointed out that the 'expert' in the OP was wrong: nobody will ever get detail on the moon with a 100mm lens. A full moon is far too bright to show detail in a photo, you need shadows to show up detail in any photo.

I took a couple: both uninspiring:

Last edited:
Very nice pips. Thanks for some good pics mate ;)

Has anyone else noticed just how bright the moonlight has been for the lasty few days?

I was out with the Dog late last night and I realised I was huming 'Moonlight Shadow' by Mike Oldfield, without knowing why, lol.

It was pretty neat.

I'm in a suburb of NYC and on my way home a little while ago I noticed the biggest moon I can ever recall seeing. Very large, and low on the horizon. Tried taking a pic on phone, but at >71mph, it's just a blur. It looks beautiful in the sky, but not enough to brave 20°F temp to grab my real cam and take another pic.

Back