Market stall unlock

lagerlout

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've just been to a market stall in milton keynes where they told me they can permanently unlock any iphone on any firmware and baseband for 35 quid!
When I asked how it was done they said something about having contacts at apple, but I would have to leave the phone there for a week then when I get it back I would have to put a different sim card in it and connect it to itunes. Now this all sounds a bit unlikely to me but I would like a permanent unlock so I'm tempted.
Whats everyones opinion on this? Do you think there are going to mess with the hardware of the phone ? Anyone heard of this before?

I think most networks would unlock it via a code for you less than £35. I think O2 do it for free and orange was about £20.

vodafone wont do it though beacuse I was never a customer, bought the phone off ebay you see

JB it, then do it yourself.
Sounds like your paying them to steal your phone, and you'll never see them again.

Its already JB'd but this baseband cant be unlocked.
Yeah I must admit I'm not keen on the idea but I'll be wanting to upgrade to Ios5 and the gevey sim I'm using apparently wont work with that

Its already JB'd but this baseband cant be unlocked.
Yeah I must admit I'm not keen on the idea but I'll be wanting to upgrade to Ios5 and the gevey sim I'm using apparently wont work with that

if vodafone wont unlock it then your limited to your options
gevey sim will now unlock 4.3.5
what iphone is it and what baseband?
as the other option assuming it a 3gs is to upgrade the baseband to the ipad baseband, then you can unlock it.
but then you will lose the gps and thier is no fix yet for the gps

i have heard of the permanent unlock stated in your first post, but only through 3
im surprised vodafone wont unlock it, most networks will for a price, unless you have bought a phone and the contract hasnt expired yet.

Last edited:
I tried ringing voldafone again after hearing this and this time they agreed to do it for £20. Nice one!
Just for the record its an iphone 4 on 4.3.3 and on 04.10.01 baseband

Back