Marco Simoncelli dies after crash in Sepang

not another one ;(

:rip: marco ..................

Sad sad news, i loved watching him race and thought he was going to start winning a few soon.
must be terrible for rossi who hit him has the pair are long time friends and Edwards who was on his last but one race to retirement.
R.I.P Marco you will be missed.

just been watching that on you tube, it was a nasty accident he even lost his helmet that just shows how bad it was R.I.P marco

Another very sad day for motorsport,Rip Marco.... Hope its the last for a long time,or ever !

He was going to be one of the best, AKA Side show Bob!

One question that needs answered was how did his helmet come off?

Sent from my mobile device using fingers and thumbs!

He was going to be one of the best, AKA Side show Bob!

One question that needs answered was how did his helmet come off?

his helmet came off when he got hit by the other racer.. rossi i think .. watch the you tube vid.. you can see how it might of come off... a very hard hit tbh..

@MH yeah was thinking about that myself,didnt want to dwell on it too much though,needs a good look at tbh,was it just complacancy,not being funy but did he still have all the hair that is being shown in the photos..?

@ratts I have not seen the vid yet, on a mobile at the moment I have no net connection. YouTube tells me my connection aint fast enough.

what i have just thought about is the amount of hair he has got..... could be he is wearing a larger helmet than what he should of been wearing.....

just a thought !!!!!

Just after the Wheldon accident in the indycar race ,i said to the Mrs these events come in clusters,thinking back to the weekend that Ayrton Senna lost his life,following the death of Roland Ratzenburger earlier in the .weekend,lets hope this this ends now. God bless them both...RIP

@Ratts,thats what im thinking,or maybe he was just to complacent and didnt do his strap up properly,though i would like to think that his team would be checking things like that

RIP marco !
Being a superbike rider , i followed moto gp from a very young age .
Simoncelli being one of my all time fave characters .
His helmet must have come off by force , Edwards hit him head on going some speed , took the helmet clean off . I actually think the bike Fell on his head (did the damage).
How rossi stayed on the bike i will never know .
Not only did we lose a great rider , but i cant imagine the mental state of Rossi and edwards right now .
I will not be surprised if they both retire from the sport .

ps...to say his helmet wasnt strapped on correctly is nonsense and his hair had nothing to do with this terrible accident

Not making light of the situation,and not having seen the crash personnaly,but as someone who almost lost their life in a bike crash,and therfore understand the importance of correct helmet fitting,and knowing how well fitting helmets are,just find it shocking that a helmet can come off,albeit in a situation far exceeding any speeds i have experienced

Not making light of the situation,and not having seen the crash personnaly,but as someone who almost lost their life in a bike crash,and therfore understand the importance of correct helmet fitting,and knowing how well fitting helmets are,just find it shocking that a helmet can come off,albeit in a situation far exceeding any speeds i have experienced

if the helmet hasent been fitted properly so that it is a tight fit, it is liable to come off surly ...

Back