[DM800SE] Manual scan problem

Eiji

Inactive User
Reaction score
Everytime I try to do a scan, whether it's manual or automatic I get this error:

Error - failed to scan (error starting

I'm using the DigitalWorldz 1.1 SE image, a fixed dish on 28.2E and Rat's bouquets. The tuner in my clone box is a BCM4505.

Any reason why the scan won't even start?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have the same set up as you, I've never needed to rescan so I tested it and got the exact same error message, automatic, manual and fast scans all fail, strange. Not a problem at the moment because all channels are clearing ok but I'd like to know why this is happening if anyone has any info.

Are your tuners setup correctly?
Might need to update the satellite.xml file or even try it with the default (DM) skin first in case its a skin problem

Thanks Wiz, I was using the pli HD skin, switched it back to the default skin and scanned ok.
Out of interest, how would I update the satellite.xml file?

Last edited:
Forget about the satellite.xml file mate, sorted. I found if I entered satellite.xml into the search bar, loads of info pops up! Who'd have thunk it :silly:

Thanks Wiz, I was using the pli HD skin, switched it back to the default skin and scanned ok.
Out of interest, how would I update the satellite.xml file?

Glad to help m8,it was posted on here the other day,and i managed to remember it lol

As for the satellite.xml file,
Go to satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator and download yourself an upto date xml file,
then ftp it to etc/tuxbox and restart enigma2 :)

Back