Manchester United thread

Didn't realise that m8,I thought it was only us that were fecked :D

Were far less fecked than either of em m8, both clubs run at annual losses and are light years behind United and even Liverpool and Arsenal as global brands, Chelsea's spending slowed down once it was established as top four and now they have to sit up there waiting for the World to take notice. City are in a similar position but with low turnstyle revenue and an even less famous brand it's a hell of a long way before they can be compete with the Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool's of this World on a self sufficient financial level and if the owners tire of their hobby it will be a very swift return to mediocrity.

Were far less fecked than either of em m8, both clubs run at annual losses and are light years behind United and even Liverpool and Arsenal as global brands, Chelsea's spending slowed down once it was established as top four and now they have to sit up there waiting for the World to take notice. City are in a similar position but with low turnstyle revenue and an even less famous brand it's a hell of a long way before they can be compete with the Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool's of this World on a self sufficient financial level and if the owners tire of their hobby it will be a very swift return to mediocrity.

Cheers m8 thats cheered me up no end :)

Cheers m8 thats cheered me up no end :)

Really wiz? well it didn't cheer me up. Ffs gasman low turnstile revenue, Less famous brand?. Etihad Stadium is quite a modern building give it another season and they will be building another stand on top just like your lot after all we need to make room for all the Man United rejects that will get very board with your team very shortly.;) Hmm :(

lol guys do we need to tune up the band for the 20,000 empty seats song :) ....and if you want to expand you better ask your "owners" of the ground for planning permission muwahaha

There is another major reason why City’s dominance may not be as straightforward as you might think.

European governing body Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations mean all clubs must restrict their losses between 2013 and 2015 to just £38m. To put the size of that task into context City lost a staggering, record-breaking £194.9m in 2011.

They had a wage bill of £174m at that time and have since added more expensive players. The average weekly wage is now said to be £85,000.

When those results were announced last autumn, City’s chief operating officer Graham Wallace said: “Our losses which, we predicted as part of our accelerated investment programme, will not be repeated on this scale in future”

But the gulf between those losses and the deficits allowed by Uefa in future is so, so vast. Even allowing for City’s £400m, 10-year stadium and kit deal with Etihad, serious surgery needs to take place if Mancini’s team are not going to run the risk of being thrown out of the Champions League in seasons to come.

So the challenge for Mansour and City is to build a dynasty at the same time as new rules are being introduced by Uefa designed to stop clubs like them from being too successful.

There is another major reason why City’s dominance may not be as straightforward as you might think.

European governing body Uefa’s Financial Fair Play regulations mean all clubs must restrict their losses between 2013 and 2015 to just £38m. To put the size of that task into context City lost a staggering, record-breaking £194.9m in 2011.

They had a wage bill of £174m at that time and have since added more expensive players. The average weekly wage is now said to be £85,000.

When those results were announced last autumn, City’s chief operating officer Graham Wallace said: “Our losses which, we predicted as part of our accelerated investment programme, will not be repeated on this scale in future”

But the gulf between those losses and the deficits allowed by Uefa in future is so, so vast. Even allowing for City’s £400m, 10-year stadium and kit deal with Etihad, serious surgery needs to take place if Mancini’s team are not going to run the risk of being thrown out of the Champions League in seasons to come.

So the challenge for Mansour and City is to build a dynasty at the same time as new rules are being introduced by Uefa designed to stop clubs like them from being too successful.

Where is your source coont? :FRIGHT: :Laugh:

there will be enough people on the bandwagon arriving at the Etihad shortly as it is, leave wiz alone :tongue:

@Basil did Video evidence confirm it was a Man united fans whistle? :eater:

@thommo sorry pal but I've heard its Venky's :D

It was from behind that goal that's closer to Stretford. I can't imagine Leeds fans being welcomed there, especially in those days!
AFAIR, nobody got lynched, so it was pretty certain to have been a Red. It gave me a chuckle at the time, but City have had costlier screw-ups.

BTW, Thanks Evesham and Miggy for the kind words. It's all been postponed and I'm back home for a bit. Hopefully next week. <gulp>

Unless the council evict you as squatters lol.

Can't happen. We've got the Gallaghers on our side; not just Liam and Noel, but Frank and his family. <g>
Council vs Chatsworth Estate could only have one conclusion. ;-)

If United ever have to sell up and rent, I'm sure you can count on the Maguires to keep the bailiffs away too.

Can't happen. We've got the Gallaghers on our side; not just Liam and Noel, but Frank and his family. <g>
Council vs Chatsworth Estate could only have one conclusion. ;-)

If United ever have to sell up and rent, I'm sure you can count on the Maguires to keep the bailiffs away too.

Hahaha welcome back Basil :)

oooh the gallaghers...we've got "Magic" Matthew Hatton...you've no chance :Smokin:
Welcome back Basil :D

so United draw 1-1 with Ajax Capetown. Not a brilliant spectacle but I was impressed with Kagawa and Bebe did well to equalise in injury time lol

Shinji Kagawa is going to be a golden signing for United. Very good on the ball and his awareness is fantastic. Bollox to Hazard this guys going to be dangerous! Berbatovs looked immense in both games and I reckon Arsenal would be mad not to take a swap deal for Van Persie ;)
We will still be the team to beat even if our transfer dealings end with Mr Kagawa :)

sorry were you guys watching the same match i watched, the slow boring crap where they scored at the end luckily so they didnt end up with a loss?

i know you think us leeds lot like to slag you down but not all of us do but when we do see you writing positives out of total negatives that has to be addressed.

i know its pre-season and they change the teams and dont really go for it ive taken that into account but if you play anything like that come the new season you're in for a shock as it was dreadful for the neutral viewer it really was.

its not all bad it was pre-season and not your full strength team but i saw no positives in that game and i cant see fergie learning anything from it as it was dire, i suppose it is a "get the fitness up" exercise so it had some use for something.

just to even the balance i watched the liverpool game too and they were even worse than you guys, joe cole was a joke i hope they dont plan on using him as a first team player woeful isnt the word.

they got super lucky too and that was a dire match, they went behind and rescued it at the end aswell.

tbh the newcastle match was shit too lol.... i see a pattern here maybe i shouldnt watch pre-season friendlies...

Back