Manchester United thread

Although I know evesham is just leg pulling I actually enjoy the banter with miggy both on this thread and on the City one :)

So do I wiz you and I both know this is just harmless fun what we are doing. it kind of gets a bit boring without don't you agree. @evesham don't worry mate the real stuff starts at the beginning of the football season mwaaaahahahaha :)

course i'm just leg pulling, i love the banter from you guys on here :)
city playing in solid 24 carat gold kits next year i just heard!!

Tevez obviously has about as much common sense as the fan that made the sign!!
As a lifelong United fan, I remember our first PL title win under Sir Alex after 27 years was it lol?? so I can only imagine City's joy and congrats to them.

Hey Evesham, Miggy's right. You sometimes let City banter wind you up. Personally, I think Tevez holding up that placard was much worse if he didn't already understand the humour behind it than if he did.

Anyway, we need to keep the Manc forums from becoming like the Glasgow ones. As Reds and Blues, it's our right to make provocative comments to each other, but it's also our duty to either laugh at them, ignore them or react with the same humour.

Remember the derby on the anniversary of Munich? Not a single City supporter made a sound during that silence. Go figure!

Like you lot, we'll do our best to wind up our opponents, but that's as far as it goes. We don't want to lose you to a heart attack or any other Red on here for that matter.

At the end of the day, we both tried our utmost to give away that title, but City came good for the last 6 matches.

Your bad dream is over, but football is all about hope and our new dreams begin in August. :)

Last edited:
Except we probably won't get any of those players now we have declared our interest :(

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

City winning the title might actually be the best thing that's happened to United in recent years.

Once your tight-fisted American owners see a drop in multinational sales, they might actually realise that wheels don't carry on spinning on their own -and they might then fork out a few cents for new players.

Two excellent posts there Basil :thumbup:

I do hope your right about the yanks though :)

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

City winning the title might actually be the best thing that's happened to United in recent years.

Once your tight-fisted American owners see a drop in multinational sales, they might actually realise that wheels don't carry on spinning on their own -and they might then fork out a few cents for new players.

Basil2 you are da man I like the way you see things and like you said in a previous post I really hope these two threads don't get out of hand because that would be a real shame. Good man Basil keep up the banter. :)

Manchester United: Chevrolet to be club's car sponsor

Try and keep up guys this Man United thread is dropping behind. pmpl

BBC News - Manchester United: Chevrolet to be club's car sponsor

Man United thread 303 pages and 3,029 replies

Man City thread 6 pages pmsl and 55 replies lol

2a7d132137f87bc48bc0333970515145.jpg

Sorry miggy but I couldn resist lmao

Just remember gasman your thread was started in 2007 so you have a 5 year head start. Man City 1 month haha stick that in your pipe and smoke it m80. :)
smiley_nutkick_ani.gif

Last edited:
come back when you've reached...oh wait that backfired on the LFC fans...best not tempt fate!!

Am a United fan, found this quite funny

Man Utd have renegotiated their contract with referee Howard Webb for next season. Alex Ferguson has said "He's on a no win, no fee basis."

United apparently interested in Dembele, Tiote, Baines and Modric. Not a chance we'll get them all but wouldn't mind Tiote for our defensive midfield and Dembele would be a good addition if we can sell Anderson. I can't see us spending upwards of £30 million for Modric. Baines would be a welcome addition and be nice to have a left back who can defend an art Evra seems to have forgotten.

Kagawa apparently flying in for his medical and put finishing touches on his move next week.

We will need a striker as Berbatov will leave but not a clue who we will go for Lewandowski is a good player but no way Borussia Dortmund will sell.

no striker needed.. Wellbeck, Roo, Chich, Macheda and Will Keane.
I hope Fergie only buys Kagawa and allows some of the youngsters to come through in midfield like Davide Petrucci, Ryan Tunnicliffe and Oliver Norwood.
Also get Anderson who's only 24 and Tom Cleverley fit and we won't be far off the pace again.
As for the defence, a lot of people have been saying Evra's past it, jeesh in some games there was only him that looked dangerous going forwards!!
Probably get slated for this becoz everyone else will be thinking we neeed to spend spend spend to regain the title...like Hansen said you won't win anything with kids!

I'll be happy if we can add a proven midfielder to the squad and Kagawa certainly looks like great value, I feel he would fit the bill perfectly. We looked so toothless pre Scholes and then again once he started to tire at the end of season. Rooney brings that extra dimension in the hole but I feel Kagawa would allow Rooney to play further forward where he is at his most deadly and Kagawa would be able to link the play up between midfield and attack and provide an option for messers Carrick and Scholes.
I do feel like we need some pressure on the left back position and Baines would be worth a punt depending on wages and cost, he is after all 27 and I've heard daft pricing like 12 million for him. I would not be happy if we spent that kind of money without first sourcing a proper midfielder.
Might also be worth enquiring on Tiotes availability but knowing Mike Ashley he will be over valued to the max, just look at his valuation on the "England" striker lol.

Back