Manchester Police Report - videos included.

from a liverpool football club site posted by a member
link...http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum...806-rangers-trouble-what-really-happened.html

The Rangers trouble-What really happened.

Ive just got back from Manchester now. The firm i have just joined where doing event security for the game. Until we arrived this afternoon, we didnt realise that we where actually working on the fan parks in the city centre.

We

got given high vis jackets then I was posted with 6 others to one of the gates at Picadilly Square Fan Park at around half 5. The crowds where unbelieveable, reminicent of Tacksim and Syntagma square for us, except in a much smaller area. Our job was to stop people entering with glass bottles. Bearing in mind this was my first ever shift, it was quite daunting. Alot of the people who i had to challenge for bottles where sound, had no objections because we provided plastic cups for them to enter their bottles in to. But there was alot of scum aswell, fucked out of their faces who had none of it. I asked one big feller to empty his bottle in to a cup, very politely, and i was told to **** off. I then went over to him again, and he twatted me in the chest, i asked him again with a plastic cup in my hand for him and he threw me in to a fence. **** this, i dont get paid enough for this shite so i left him.

It was clear by then the sqaure was becoming dangerously overcrowded. Our gate was getting crushed, and we where pulled away by police for our own safety. We where moved further up to the entrance of the square, where barriers where accross preventing people from entering because it was too full. A lot of lads tried to get through, and the vast majority where sound about it and good natured with me. I had many a conversation with jocks when they noticed my scouse accent and realised i wasnt a manc. My advice to them was to find a pub before the rush, which went against what we where told to tell them which was to head for the fan park at the ground. I knew theyd have shit there so i didnt tell them that. No problems whatsoever at this point.

Then about 20mins before kick off, an older scots feller came over to me and said hoow dangerously crowded it was in the square, he said "someone was going to get killed", and thats why he left. He also said to me "mark my words, there will be a riot in there". I had those suspicions myself. From my experience of Istanbul and Athens, you can tell when something is not right, and i definately sensed that then.

We then hit quarter to 8, and the square is rammed with Rangers fans, singing and watching the big screen for the adverts to end and the game to start. By 5 to 8, still no game. Then a supervisor gets it over his radio that they werent showing it. I couldnt believe it. My words to him where "there will be absolute fuckin murder here, its fuckin suicide". Jocks where coming over asking us what was going on, and we had to tell them. They where understandabely fuckin fumin. I tried to tell them that i totally agreed with them, and that it was a fuckin disgrace. Some where sound with me, recognising it wasnt our fault as event stewards. But then as people started to twig on what was going on, it started getting nasty.

There was about 15 of us on this gate with a few police near by, and the scots where fuming with us. Coming over, pushing us, screaming in our faces. What could we do? I agreed with every word they said, id be fuckin fuming aswell, but it had **** all to do with us. Then it got quite serious, bottles where being thrown, passing just past my face and lads where getting really aggresive with us. It was then when our head office told us to pull out, and the police moved us down a side street. We where getting dogs abuse, bottles thrown down at us, everything. Obviously the fact we where in uniform attracted it.

Then our supervisor said they had to try and move us in to one of the portacabins back in the middle of the sqaure. We walked through as a group, through thousands of scots who where going crazy, throwing all kinds, screaming in our faces. We eventually had to take our jackets off and run. When we made it to this portacabin, all hell was going off around us. Riot police where coming from everywhere, and hundreds of rangers fans where charging them. Bus shelter where ripped down, and metal and wooden poles used as weapons to charge the police. The place was totally trashed. A bottle landed right next to me which had been thrown from someone. This went on for 3hours solid until 11 oclock. We had to take off all jackets and ties, and when it quietened down about half 11 we where able to make way to our coach at the GMex. Back at the coach we heard a Russian had been stabbed aswell.

People have said that the big screen in our square had a technical fault and thats why the match wasnt shown. I know for a fact that is bollocks. It wasnt shown because of the shear numbers in the sqaure. The reasoning was that if Rangers scored, there would be bedlam. But whichever thick ****s makes these decisions obviously didnt realise the implications of not showing the game. If they wherent going to show it, they shouldve informed everyone at 6 o clock and give people time to fine somewhere else, not at fuckin kick off. Its an absolute disgrace, and so typical of UEFA event. I couldve organised it better, it was a sham. They totally underestimated the amount of scots that would travel. Logical thing to do would be to put a big screen in old Trafford and let people watch it there, then there wouldve been no bother. 2 fuckin shitty fan parks was never going to be enough. I could see it, everyone else could, why cant the fuckin organisers of these events? Useless ****s, heads should fuckin role after tonight.

Ive spoke to my dad and others who've said that the news have reported it as small disturbances with a hand full of Rangers fans clashing with the police. Thats absolute bullshit, total bollocks. There where fuckin hundreds, if not more, and this went on for hours right in front of my eyes. To be fair, the amount of Scots lads who made the effort to come over and speak to us while this was going on, simply saying "sorry" was amazing. I spoke to a feller who made the effort to come over to us when he seen us having all kinds thrown in our direction, and he just apologised on behalf of Rangers fans, and said what a disgrace and embarrasment it was. I know from experience that its always a minority who are scum, and tar everyone with the same brush. But thats what happened, anything you hear otherwise is crap, i fuckin seen it with my own eyes. Rangers fans had every right to be pissed with what happened in that square, but the actions of some afterwards, the rioting for 2 hours, was inexcusable. And it wasnt a "handfull" either.

great post m8 thanks for the post, gives alot of the story
rangers and setanta said approx 200,000 fans went, so a few hundred are a minority

I came up the road this morning feeling totally ashamed to be a Rangers fan - totally embarassed and completely ashamed.

I though Rangers fans felt like that anyway ;)

Glad you and the kid made it home safe mate, these thugs have done a lot of damage not only to their club but to Scotland as a nation.

you allways get the minority fecking it up for others,but this should have been organized more better in the first place and maybe most of this could have been avoided,,,,,,,,amazing how many police you see at events but never see the coonts when you want one

great post m8 thanks for the post, gives alot of the story
rangers and setanta said approx 200,000 fans went, so a few hundred are a minority

Another conspiracy theory. The screens WERE defective. Can you REALLY believe anybody in authority would choose to switch off the screens as a safety measure?! I was there with a pal who came down from Livingstone and we witnessed the panic of the engineers trying to fix the screens. It was no bother, we just found a pub round the corner, mind you we did have an advantage.... we could walk and talk!!

we just found a pub round the corner, mind you we did have an advantage.... we could walk and talk!!

LMAO!!

Are you saying that some of the Rangers fans may have been slightly tipsy?

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that anyone would decide to turn the screens off intentionally, that was guaranteed to cause trouble.

LMAO!!

Are you saying that some of the Rangers fans may have been slightly tipsy?

To be honest, I find it difficult to believe that anyone would decide to turn the screens off intentionally, that was guaranteed to cause trouble.

john sutton did :proud::proud::proud::proud:

After spending what can only be described as a fun filled drink fuelled funfest I was filled with memories that will live with me forever.

The result not the best dampened the evening but it was still an occasion to top all occasions.

Then without any warning half a mile down the road I happened upon a disgusting and humiliating scene as so called fans and police faced off against each other.

As myself and my brother tried to steer clear of this but ended up caught in the middle. As I tried to locate my younger brother one thing that caught my notice was several Chelsea tops amongst the co-ordinators of the trouble included a larger guy wearing a Rangers top which concealed a Chelsea top and a Gold CFC medallion hanging out. He was drilling home instructions to others to attack the Police from the rear the last time I heard that accent was from "Delboy". Another really helpful chap wearing a Chelsea top was telling several Glasgow twangers to launch their bottles and cans high into the air so that they landed over their shields unfortunately the brainless eegits did just that. Another irritating fact is that those who did belong to the RFC supporting clan were predominately shouting U.V.F and sporting Northern Irish accents.

I was lucky to get out of there and a short time later meet up with my brother, we perused the Sun and Record later on in the morning making several comment how the innocent fans attacked by the Riot cops were not so innocent after all.

I though it my duty to call the Sun later on and put them right on some of their facts which I hope will be visible in tomorrows Sun.

We will see if the truth outweighs their need for a news story.

All I will say is we should all focus on the 174,750 who know how to behave and went to Manchester to have fun and be ambassadors for their team and country. In that respect most of us will forever be remembered as

FROM BBC WEBSITE

wonder if it was the same loyalist group from belfast and englnd that just the other week slashed the mans throat in an orginized attack in a bar just off castle st . all wearing those kind of tops . mixed accents and using football as a cover . these guys werent fans

We've been informed that those scenes were caused by fans who don't normally attach themselves to our support

Rangers chief executive Martin Bain

Were non-Rangers fans involved in the violence?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F10154725?thread=5457890&show=50

interesting read, a few things probally rubbish , a few even blaming celtic fans now, i tell u something though i met 5/6 celtic fans at rangers beamback at ibrox

no orginization,portaloo toilets outside the fence, if u left to use the toilet u werent allowed back in, caused gersfans to piss against walls in the barrier

dont know who it was who done that car in but i know they where k**bheads

We've been informed that those scenes were caused by fans who don't normally attach themselves to our support

Who informed you of this highly pertinent information,Was it the Manchester Police? The MI6? Mystic Meg?

Were non-Rangers fans involved in the violence?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/F10154725?thread=5457890&show=50

interesting read, a few things probally rubbish , a few even blaming celtic fans now, i tell u something though i met 5/6 celtic fans at rangers beamback at ibrox

no orginization,portaloo toilets outside the fence, if u left to use the toilet u werent allowed back in, caused gersfans to piss against walls in the barrier

now thats crap . trying to blame us . . the 5 or 6 you meet at the beam back did they wreck anything . doubt it .

ok, so it was a 'minority' that caused the trouble, but why didn't the vast MAJORITY do anything about these animals?

Some people are blaming Chelsea fans, oh come on FFS, stop trying to blame everyone else, it was Rangers fans, no-one else, looking at the footage - exactly how many London accents can you hear and how many Chelsea tops did you count?

Some people are saying that the fans were only attacking the police in response to their 'heavy handedness', so can someone explain to me why shops were being looted and civilian cars were being overturned and set alight!?

The police should have got the rubber bullets out and pretended it was Northern Ireland in the 70-80's.

ok, so it was a 'minority' that caused the trouble, but why didn't the vast MAJORITY do anything about these animals?

Some people are blaming Chelsea fans, oh come on FFS, stop trying to blame everyone else, it was Rangers fans, no-one else, looking at the footage - exactly how many London accents can you hear and how many Chelsea tops did you count?

Some people are saying that the fans were only attacking the police in response to their 'heavy handedness', so can someone explain to me why shops were being looted and civilian cars were being overturned and set alight!?

The police should have got the rubber bullets out and pretended it was Northern Ireland in the 70-80's.

got to remeber alot on the bbc forums is bullshit, people winding each other up etc
spotty teen v spotty teen

everyone knows it was scottish rangers fans prob mixed with english rangers fans causing trouble, i hope they find a good few of them n lock them up

wonder if it was the same loyalist group from belfast and englnd that just the other week slashed the mans throat in an orginized attack in a bar just off castle st . all wearing those kind of tops . mixed accents and using football as a cover . these guys werent fans

I would bet money they were at it over there. You are right they are not fans and they plan it all out before they go.

everyone knows it was scottish rangers fans prob mixed with english rangers fans causing trouble, i hope they find a good few of them n lock them up

Don't forget the Norn Iron bigot brigade...they will be very upset if they don't get any credit for wrecking the place.

Back