Maldives...........

TheDogsNutts

Member +
Reaction score
thinking of booking to go to the Maldives........ just me and the misses

(cars going away with good old granny)..........lol...........

anyone been..?....

whats yours view's of the place....?.....

and best island to go to.....?......

any help would be much appricated..........:proud:

Sorry can' t advise you as I'm too jealous. But it's raining there with thunderstorms at the moment. bbc weather. ok friday.

By the look of the brochures, I think any place in the Maldives would be nice to go too!

Hi Mate

I have been twice and i love it there.

There is alot of choice of islands to chose from,

We like it really quiet with nothing to do apart from the usual beachside stuff, so our choices might not be what you like?

Give me a brief input of what you like and want to do and i will see if i can help you?

I personaly would go for an all inclusive resort, as the food has been spot on the times we have been. and you then dont get stung for expensive meals on an island where they have got a captive audiance!!! but obviously if you aint bothered about the money side of things then you prob get a better choice.

As for things to do... How about sleep, sunbathe, drink and eat lol and just totally chill out.
As with any resort there is loads of non powered water sports, and scuba diving (do a 3 day course its well worth it, about 8 dives and you see loads)

The island we stayed on 2 years ago was small it took about 10 minutes leasurley strolling to get around the outside of it!!, it had about 30 ish bungalows, none on stilts in the water i am afraid!

The only shoes you need are what you travel in, the whole island is sand including the restaurant and bar, so you never need anything on your feet,

And most resorts are usually NO NEWS NO SHOES and thats about right.

www.makunudu.com

is where we stayed last time, its nowhere near the most expensive or luxurious but was about right for our needs, but everybody is different!!!!

www.tropicmaldives.co.uk

is where we got loads of info about islands etc and what they ofer, from there we just looked at islands of our choice using google ;-) you will be hooked as soon as you see what s on ofer!

Anything you want to know feel free to ask.

Mike

Last edited:
The Maldives are a great get away but be sure of what you want from a holiday. Most of the islands are small and quiet with no excursions except the capital Male if you are near enough. Generally each island has one hotel with only its own bar and restaurant. So if you want a lazy relaxing holiday this is the place to go.
Of course there are watersports during the day the main being scuba diving.
This is one of the best places in the world for diving and I think it is better than Sharm in the Red Sea.
If you choose an island with a good house reef you don't need to dive. These reefs encircle the island forming a shallow safe lagoon. The last time I stayed at Bandos I saw white tipped sharks, turtles, rays and masses of tropical fish just while I was snorkelling in 3ft of water in the lagoon.
All inclusive is safest as you are captive and the cost of drinks can be exorbitant. We usually go half board as AI limits you to certain islands.
You are not allowed to bring booze into the country we usually carry gin decanted into water bottles no problems so far.
I met a South African who managed to get brandy packaged in corned beef tins!
So if you need plenty of booze go AI or take plenty of dosh.

thank's for the reply lad's............

does anyone know what the weather is like around June / July.....

is it the rainy season....?......

May to November is the SW monsoon with the NE monsoon blowing the rest of the year.
SW rainfall 8.5 inches 208 hours of sunshine per month
NE " 3 inches 256 hours "
Year round temp 72-80 F
When it rains it rains but not for long.
Be prepared to get wet if there's a tsunami as the islands are only a few feet above sea level.
If you're a diver the monsoon determines what side of the atoll you stay depending on what you want to see.

dodjer said:
May to November is the SW monsoon with the NE monsoon blowing the rest of the year.
SW rainfall 8.5 inches 208 hours of sunshine per month
NE " 3 inches 256 hours "
Year round temp 72-80 F
When it rains it rains but not for long.
Be prepared to get wet if there's a tsunami as the islands are only a few feet above sea level.
If you're a diver the monsoon determines what side of the atoll you stay depending on what you want to see.

thanx for the info m8............

Back