macrovision remover

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of buying a macrovision remover for my dvd but not sure if they actually work,they have 1 for sale at divineo.co.uk for £29.99 is that a good price........zooropa:eek:

I recently had a good look around and yes, I reckon thats cheap. Some outfits were asking £45

thanx SPECCY,im not sure what to do,its fork out £30 squid on a macro remover or bring my sammy 709 downstairs when i need to record onto video.........:rolleyes:

I had a Macrovision remover years ago between two video's. That worked fine and gave a stable picture. Mind you back then they used to cost around £80. But yes they do work. Well they did on video.

These units used to work perfectly well with macrovision on VHS. It would create a new video sync signal that the recorder could understand. They usually only had the video passed into the unit leaving the audio to be passed direct, some of them had other "picture enhancing" options like changing the contrast etc.

It appears that macrovision protection works the same way on DVD, so it will be sending out a corrupt sync signal on the video output which will confuse the majority of video recorders, the same units will work perfectly fine in bypassing this.

It wont work on other types of protection that dont affect the sync signal or any protection that may be put on the audio.

Some DVD players have a hack available to switch off the macrovision chip, or you could get your machine chipped to switch off the protection

Back