$ly basic package

irishclk

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am new to all this but i have been using my basic sly package with sly blue card in my dream box 800hd for a while now with no problems sly have now sent me the new white card. I have been reading about a lot of problems with doing this. I have not touched the white card yet and all is still good with the blue one. I am using the latest cccam. Will all be ok if i just put the white card in the slot?

youll need to put your blue card back into its original sky digibox for 24 hours, then swap it over for the white one, wait for the onscreen message 'card change over complete' then put the white one into your dreambox

I will try that at the weekend, but why are so many people telling me that there is a lot of work involved in getting the new white card to work? would it be more difficult if i had sport/movie/hd packages. I just have the very basic sly pack that i hav had for years but am now using a motorised dish with the dreambox 800 hd. Sorry if my questions are basic but we all got to start somewhere.

if you had the premium channels (sports/movies) then you would need to edit the config files on the dreambox with a translated version of the serial number from your original receiver

most places where you auto download configs from now have them written ready for the serial data to be entered straight in, some receivers even have a nice menu system to make it even easier, but when they first came out, i remember sitting up till 3 am some nights just trying to get ANY stable picture lol

Digidude I activated my white sly card in sly box and all is ok but when i put it in my dreambox it dosent work i have tried cam 2.1.2 and cam 2.1.1/NewCS1.66 but neither work!! can you help me?

what image are you using m8?

use mgcamd 1.31 and newcs 1.67 and itll read the card straight away, the config files are part of the latest image just for this reason

Digidude will try this but mgcamd 1.31 and newcs 1.67 is not available when i go blue button addons etc. where can i download it from and how to i transfer it to my box.

what image are you using m8, as im pretty sure most of them now have it available from their download server

Back