LT Team release's 'The Fourth Challange' for the DM7025

Westkill, can you let me know whether the other images boot ok?
Presuably, if i do the same as you, my existing images on the CF won't be lost?

Does your media player / stream player work ok?

i booted another image with barry allen worked okay for me :)

with the media centre i only tryed recordings from the internal hdd which worked fine
just quickly tryed some mp3 working ok

What do you think of the fourth revolution? Seems a lot of peeps having issues with this image on the lt forums.

As I have multiboot set up on my 7025, i think i might wait to see if it's worth loading LT4 to the flash, and setting things up again.
It seems like they've made a great deal of changes in this version, and as you say there seem to be a few issues.
Maybe they'll bring out some updates soon which will solve these problems - I hope so because there looks to be some great new features.
Think i'll keep going with Gem for the time being.
Incidently, i did post a request on the Gem site for a now & next on the infobar, for what it's worth.

Have now got LT4 in flash. Sicilian, many thanks for the cut down key / scce folders with addtional files.

All seems ok, but still having problems with the media centre which doesn't seem to be working for me.

If i press blue, stream-player it takes 3 minutes or so to run up the media player and then brings up some errors about 'not finding any movies, cifs settings etc.'. The media player then loads but just holds for ages on the hourglass what ever option i select.

Is this a bug, or have i not set things up properly?

I've set a 64mb swapfile up on the CF.

In preparation, i've got vlc 086d installed on my computer and have the latest LTstream2dream downloaded.

Also, I don't seem to be able to configure the 'Media directory' or 'write directory' in LT stream2dream.
Bit of a pickle really! Can you chaps give me a steer please?

/me is gonna stick with latest PLi Iolite for time being. This works perfect for me & also got picons working on infobar :)

/me is gonna stick with latest PLi Iolite for time being. This works perfect for me & also got picons working on infobar :)

Hi i see you been keeping the pli team busy mate good on ya****

Have now got LT4 in flash. Sicilian, many thanks for the cut down key / scce folders with addtional files.

All seems ok, but still having problems with the media centre which doesn't seem to be working for me.

If i press blue, stream-player it takes 3 minutes or so to run up the media player and then brings up some errors about 'not finding any movies, cifs settings etc.'. The media player then loads but just holds for ages on the hourglass what ever option i select.

Is this a bug, or have i not set things up properly?

I've set a 64mb swapfile up on the CF.

In preparation, i've got vlc 086d installed on my computer and have the latest LTstream2dream downloaded.

Also, I don't seem to be able to configure the 'Media directory' or 'write directory' in LT stream2dream.
Bit of a pickle really! Can you chaps give me a steer please?

have you got a internal hdd in your dm7025

Hiya Westkill,
Yes i've got a 320gb internal HDD.

Pleased to report i've got most of the problems sorted with LT4.

Seems to work fine in Barry multiboot, having taken a copy of LT4 in flash.

Sorted the streaming out. I mounted the laptop via CIFS using the mount manager option.
Changed one of my media folders to allow sharing.
Loaded latest stream2dream on laptop & set up networking.
The stream player option then picked up the files from the laptop ok.
(The media/write directory folders on your pc must not have spaces in their names)

LT4 certainly has overtaken Gemini in my opinion.
The now/next issue with the infobar for cable is a problem though. LT4 has the IMDb (internet moview database) as default (which is very useful) , and this will not work for cable movies, as it cannot pick up a current eventname. These issues look to be linked.

Back