Lottery Winner Cleans Up

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A 67-year-old cleaner has scooped an amazing $294m (£158m) on the lottery in the United States.
Geraldine Williams from Boston says she plans to travel but will give a large amount of the cash to her children and various charities.
1226287.jpg

The massive prize is the second largest jackpot of all time in North America.
Williams said she was having a meal with her husband when she realised she had won.
"He was just having his tea and I was staring at the TV and I said 'Oh, God...Oh God!' she said.
"I'm holding the ticket and reading the numbers to him and he said, 'are you sure it's the right date?'."
Lawyer Steven Panagiotakos said the win was "a good luck story for the ages".
"It's a story of a 67-year-old woman who has worked hard all her life, struggling to provide for her family, cleaning houses and working as a custodian," he said.
"It's a story about a woman who has dreamed of travelling to far off exotic places but never thought she would get the chance.

"After today she will be able to realise both her dreams in the grandest of style."

Williams cleaned homes after retiring as a custodian at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.

She said she had fully intended to keep an appointment to clean a client's home this week until she realised she had to meet with her financial advisers.

Back