Lost Ending???

I'm really going to miss it. It must rate as one of the best - if not the best - TV shows ever.

it doesn't even come close to shows like the wire and House.

I thought it was crap i never got into when it was airing but since it was finnishing i leeched and watched em back to back and did notice a few things that seem to be wrong. But i ended up watching like 2 seasons and i felt i had invested too much time to drop it and carried on.

And i still think it was not that good. a one season show with 5 seasons of padding imho.

It did go on for two long but as said by others you felt you had invested too much time to drop it. I thought the first 3 seasons of it, were amazing. You didn't know what direction the story was going and what charater could get killed off.
After that was just dragged on for 2 seasons. The final season was good, as it gave more info and seemed to go at a nice pace so brought it back to life.

For me the best show of the past 10 years has to be "the sopranos"

I also liked the Sopranos very much.

I can't argue with anyone who thought Lost was crap: I didn't.

Well I could argue but don't want to - :) - too much energy required, don't care enough to bother.

Last edited:
Im with you hamba, it was a great show and i'll certainly miss it, even if it was slightly dragged out.

Im not a TV person at all but Lost was the only program i watched religiously....and MOTD lol

I'm starting to really get into Lost now, it looks fantastic in HD too so that's a bonus....but I still much prefer 24.....I'm just glad I've got another great TV show to add every episode to the collection of TV shows I've already got archived lol.

yes, 24 was better.
and flashforward finish is ok, think 1 of the other networks will pick it up.

it doesn't even come close to shows like the wire and House.

I thought it was crap i never got into when it was airing but since it was finnishing i leeched and watched em back to back and did notice a few things that seem to be wrong. But i ended up watching like 2 seasons and i felt i had invested too much time to drop it and carried on.

And i still think it was not that good. a one season show with 5 seasons of padding imho.

In your opinion.

All shows have people who love them and people who dont like them at all and they all have ratings which drop and eventually get pulled.

I loved Sporanos and the Wire and also the Shield, they were up there amonst shows which I would say are in the very top league, but I also would put Lost up there to. If someone else didnt think it is good then tbh...their opinion meant nothing to me because I loved it.

There are just too many series to say which is best ever but for me Lost is up there. Google best tv series and look at the polls, some you will agree with and others you wont, in some of them Sporanos and the wire wont be in top 10 or 20 and neither will Lost thats because everyone has their own opinion.

If I was to make my top 10 tv series of all time today, it would be different again tomorrow, there are just too many, I like to focus on shows which are still airing, like Dexter, House or Breaking bad.

If I was to make my top 10 tv series of all time today, it would be different again tomorrow, there are just too many, I like to focus on shows which are still airing, like Dexter, House or Breaking bad.

If I was to make a top 10 tv series today mine wouldn't be changing, I might not be able to fill out all 10 slots because I don't watch that much tv so it'd be more like a top 4 list lol - but I can tell you that both 24 and Lost would be on it for sure.

If I was to make a top 10 tv series today mine wouldn't be changing, I might not be able to fill out all 10 slots because I don't watch that much tv so it'd be more like a top 4 list lol - but I can tell you that both 24 and Lost would be on it for sure.

Thats interestinf Raven considering you are new to Lost...btw, some seasons are pants with the plot but the characters grow so you sort of get hooked.

I am picky with what I watch, if there is no room for character storyline growing then I will give it a miss but IF you havent seen Dexter or Breaking bad then I really would suggest you check them out, some people I talked to said breaking bad was a bit gory in the 1st couple of episodes so they gave it a miss...big mistake. The end of the last season of Dexter just blew me away...I was totally shocked and that is powerful writing (imho)

I'll probably give those a try after Lost....speaking of which I'm half way through the first season now and thus far I agree that the characterizing is very good, though from what I've seen so far I think it's more to do with the fact it's more or less the same people interacting with each other in a relatively small space in each episode and so if this is the right word to use it makes the show feel more intimate. Good writing though, makes the characters all seem individually human on the island instead of typecast charichatures imo.

Back