Lost car keys. Help

phezo

DW Member ++
Reaction score
I've lost my car keys for my vauxhall astra, does anyone know the cheapest way i can solve this problem.

if your with the AA or RAC then get em out to break u in

then u gonna need a new key & lock set [best looking on ebay]

look down the back of the sofa, i checked down the back of mine for ya but i didnt find them so they must be down yours, on a brighter note though i found a pound coin lol.

seriously though, hope there found/handed in or its prob new lockset time.

i pay 15 quid on top of my motor policy that covers me for this and would pay for them replacing ect... even got a keyring tab that offers the finder 20 notes to hand them in so if you do lose them you,ve more chance of getting them back.

its not until you lose them that you think the extra 15 quid on the policy is worth it.

seperate from the insurance too so no claims unaffected if i needed to use it.

not helping you now but one to think about next time round.

what year your car check log book for key no go to locksmith with computerized key cutting facilities give him the key no or get vehicle locksmith to come to you will be cheaper than dealer all round google vehicle locksmith or maybe dealer will have key no if car newesh

Is it the newer type with the immobiliser transponder in the key fob?

AFAIK it's silly money to get this all up and running again if you go through a Vauxhall dealership.

My central locking has went apeshit and the price I was quoted for repair is more than my car is worth :)

I know a auto electrictian in newcastle that cuts you a new key out side your house for £80 all new cars aswell if your close pm for number?

I know a auto electrictian in newcastle that cuts you a new key out side your house for £80 all new cars aswell if your close pm for number?

Welcome back mate!

The Astra needs the key paired with the vehicle mate.

Welcome back mate!

The Astra needs the key paired with the vehicle mate.

YEH M8 I know this chap cuts the key and programms the code on your door step as long as you have the code ??? which is normally in your service manual.

Thanks for the welcome back better tread carefull in future! Im sick of getting banned :Fish:

I've lost my car keys for my vauxhall astra, does anyone know the cheapest way i can solve this problem.

hi m8

what year / model astra

u should have a car pass for ur car

it will have the following:

vin no
key code
radio code
immo code

if its a astra g then a guy on ebay cuts the keys very cheap with transponder

if its a astra h then u best getting key from dealers (they will cut it too) for about £30 - £40

to programme the key dealers charge about £130
other guys charge £100 minimum

i have the equipment to code the key to ur car .etc
got same equipment as vauxhall dealers = vectronix tech 2

if u want i can pop down and code it up + run a free diagnostic check for £40
if u in north east within 30miles

hi all, my cars a Y reg, and i'm i live just outside glasgow.

hi all, my cars a Y reg, and i'm i live just outside glasgow.

so ur cars a astra G

do u have car pass??

if so u can look on ebay for astra g keys and there is a guy who will cut it 4 u

very cheap
i think about £25 inc delivery

he will need ur keycode which will be somthing like this

S1234 or Z1234 .etc

i've found them, my mates missus phoned last night (wednesday)to say she found them next to her laptop:Clap::Clap:
i was pissed as a fart doing my usual annoying dj bit playing 30 seconds a song. i can now remember them digging into my leg so i must have took them out of my pocket. the party was saturday night and thats her just found them. i feared the worst as i went a 9 mile walk after the party in the rain bouncing off everything in my path. thats me off the drink for good.
thanks to everyone for there help especially thommohawk for looking down the back of his sofa. i didn't know whether to laugh or cry when i read that. cheers.

Back