Losing Weight - Women

yottabit

DW Member ++
Reaction score
Hi there, the mrs is wanting to lose weight. She wants 1 meal replacement shake everyday and wants to know the best / cheapest place to buy from online. Is there not some sort of equivalent female version of bulkpowders ? (lol)

Cheers,
Nick

Post a nude picture of her and we'll give you our honest answers. ;)

(if she won't pose nude, she can wear some sexy undies)

Said a little more detail , losing weight is a very huge project, not one or two words can be explained clearly

My mrs did a boot camp thing in november, lost a stone in one month (from 11 1/2 to 10 1/2). One thing was continually was continually drummed into them is that its not a diet. It has to be a lifestyle change. That means a huge reduction in cards sugar, fat, etc and working out everyday.

This is why I was wondering about the diet shakes, is she considering them as a long term option ?

yeh but the faster you lose the weight the faster you can put it back on

i suggest moderate diet changes by experimenting on what foods you think effect your weight changes such as potatoes or chocolate or crisps or bread etc

eat loads of salad & rice, fish & chicken

then exercise minimum of twice a week burning a good 500 calories each time

takes time but i lost 20 pounds in 4 months

Recommendation for long term weight loss is 2lb a week at most.

As for how you lose the weight, it depends on the person how they can manage the lifestyle change. The material that I have read indicated its takes the body 4 to 6 weeks to give up an addiction and retrain your body. That is why diets rarely work. Its like giving up smoking. Some people can go cold turkey and succeed, others cut down gradually. It just varies from person to person.

I think have a good support system is important and greatly aids motivation. if you join a club or a group it can be much more motivating doing it together, same as getting support from people at home. if you are cooking yourself something healthy and everybody else in the house is having pie and chips which you love then that is not much good is it.

BTW, congrats on the weight loss.

If the Mrs is serious about weight loss then she should consider joining Slimmimg World. Mine has just hit her target weight after going there for around a year, lost 3 stone and it has to be said our diet has improved vastly.

If the Mrs is serious about weight loss then she should consider joining Slimmimg World. Mine has just hit her target weight after going there for around a year, lost 3 stone and it has to be said our diet has improved vastly.

I might set up one of these clubs it sounds like easy money just for telling folk to stop eating so much junk, have smaller portions & to do some excerise.

I admit thats an impressive amount of weight loss but it dont take a rocket scientist to know whats required to lose weight & to be charged by these fat clubs for info that can easily be found on the internet it's just money for old rope. Save the money and use it towards a gym membership i say.

I might set up one of these clubs it sounds like easy money just for telling folk to stop eating so much junk, have smaller portions & to do some excerise.

I admit thats an impressive amount of weight loss but it dont take a rocket scientist to know whats required to lose weight & to be charged by these fat clubs for info that can easily be found on the internet it's just money for old rope. Save the money and use it towards a gym membership i say.

It not about knowledge (though that is part of it), its about motivation. Most people will find it easier to lose weight if working with a pier group rather then doing it by themselves.

It not about knowledge (though that is part of it), its about motivation. Most people will find it easier to lose weight if working with a pier group rather then doing it by themselves.

Have to agree, there has to be a motivation and a desire. If you are doing it for someone else and not your own reasons then you will probably fail.

One of the things I used to fail on was I never used to keep it varied and interesting, just used to think, oh, I'll go on the exercise bike all the time... It soon got boring and really hard to carry on with, so now I chop and change all the time to make sure I stay interested. Monotony will kill it off very quickly.

Back