lord of the rings opinion

eurohawk

Member +
Reaction score
hi i wondered what anyone thought of the lotr films i thought the first was great but 2 dragged on a bit in the middle and 3 dragged on towards the end.
3 hours is a bit long for a film for my likeing.
anyway whats your opinion

they are for die hard fans i think ... like you say too long it gets boring ... but i dont like tv anyway lol i like music and computers :)

I must admit ive never seen any of the films

3 films about walking ..... evan the feking trees walk ,,wtf!!!

that peter jackson fella has a lot to answer for ... not only did he manage to drag walking out for like 9 hours or whatever it adds up to , but then he makes a 3 hour film about a pissing monkey ,,,,

sorry rant over .

lost interest so not seen all of 2 or 3.
I saw 1 at the cinema and fell asleep.

Fantastic Trilogy, but you need the concentration levels of a budhist monk to totally appreciate them. Fortunately, I am that man and I have to agree with Part 2 - it did get a bit tedious, however the fight scenes at the end made up for it.

As for three, I totally loved it, however the curtain call at the end "here's Sam"...."here's gandalf".......so on so on....was a little immature - to have frodo waking up and walking in on them all having dinner (or something like that) would have worked better.

Only my opinion though

J

Fantastic Trilogy, but you need the concentration levels of a budhist monk to totally appreciate them. Fortunately, I am that man and I have to agree with Part 2 - it did get a bit tedious, however the fight scenes at the end made up for it.

As for three, I totally loved it, however the curtain call at the end "here's Sam"...."here's gandalf".......so on so on....was a little immature - to have frodo waking up and walking in on them all having dinner (or something like that) would have worked better.

Only my opinion though

J

to have frodo walking in on them all having a big feking wet orgie would have been better ,

only my opinion ;)

to have frodo walking in on them all having a big feking wet orgie would have been better ,

only my opinion ;)

Hadn't considered that one - interesting, considering they were all guys !

Whatever takes your fancy m8! :BUMMER:

:Clap:

J

I tried to watch all 3 on dvd (not at the same time) but fell asleep within an hour of starting each of them. Maybe I'm tired a lot or they are dull and didn't keep me interested. Never read the books, but I did read the Hobbit and enjoyed that. Maybe I'll have a better chance of watching The Hobbit all the way through, if and when that film is made. Time will tell.

Hadn't considered that one - interesting, considering they were all guys !

Whatever takes your fancy m8! :BUMMER:

:Clap:

J

i know mate but thats how gay the rest of the sarga was

it does help if you've read the books tbh.

you've gotta remember the 3 films are all one story, it's like one huge 12 /12 hour movie! in that context, the ending doesn't really drag on.

ok, so the acting isn't that great, but man, those fight scenes are awesome!
and even though there's lots of cgi, the imagination and design in the cgi is absolutely brilliant.

it's like one huge 12 /12 hour movie!

sorry, that should read 12 1/2 as in twelve and a half.
unless you have the directors cut which is about 13 1/2 hours worth!

also, it's well worth watching the dvd extras. there's some real interesting stuff on the design, cgi and the technical innovations used for the movies.

I have to say , I have the extended editions of the original theatrical movies and love all of them. Though wouldn't dare watching them back to back! Favourite would have to be ROTK!

I've read all the books and really enjoyed them thought the first Film was good Second what was that about and the third was good but not brilliant

Anybody remember the original film it was a cartoon and they only got it 3/4 finished I bought it to watch on good old Betamax before VHS took over good I just realised how old I am

i think it was a good trilogy... they done it well, but as most of ya think, it did drag on to much (esp 3rd one at the end)... it would have been a great trilogy i recon if they took out the stupid bits that wasted time.. makin each 1 2 hours long ( maybe a bit longer) .. sure most ppl would have enjoyed it alot more..

I enjoyed all the films but they are no real match for the books,

Back