Looqs MeeBox NAS Media Server MB202-EU-2X £22.49

reggie124

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looqs MeeBox NAS Media Server MB202-EU-2X

cclonline £22.49 + £4.75pp

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

amazon price £22.95 + £5.00pp

Code:

Anyone brought, one of the Nas Media box?

Central Storage

MeeBox functions as a Network Attached Storage (NAS) device, which means you can store all your office and media files centrally onto MeeBox. All these files are accessible by every PC within that same network.

Data Redundancy

MeeBox holds place for 2x3.5" internal harddrives (not included) and supports RAID0 & RAID1 configurations. All data stored onto MeeBox is stored twice, onto both HDDs (not included). This means the second hard drive is an exact copy of the other one. Therefore if one of the HDDs get corrupted your data is still on the other HDD.

Media server

Share all your media files stored on MeeBox with other devices within the same network. MeeBox runs an UPnP media server and acts as your iTunes server as well. Print server - Connect your USB printer to MeeBox and share the printer with all PCs and notebooks within that same network.

Web server

No need anymore to get a contract and pay money to an external hosting service. From now on you can host your own website(s) directly on MeeBox.

Torrents download

You no longer need your PC for downloading torrent files. You can just simply upload the torrent file(s) to MeeBox and the MeeBox will do the rest. This way downloaded files are directly stored into the right location and you save energy as well because of the significant lower power consumption of the MeeBox.

Remote file access

No matter where you are in the world, you can always access your MeeBox over the internet. MeeBox runs a FTP server and has an integrated HTTP web-based file manager.

Features
UPnP MediaServer
iTunes server
Bittorrent client
APM web server
Web file browser
Web photo gallery
Blog
Web forum

Specifications

HDD
2x 3.5" drive bays
Capacity: Up to 2 x 2TB Hard Drives (4TB Max)
RAID0 & RAID1 support
FAT32, NTFS, XFS, ext2, ext3

Network
Gigabit Ethernet Port
Services: SMB, FTP, SFTP, SSH, Telnet, VPN, HTTP, MySQL, printer sharing

2x USB ports for expansion

Processor
ARM9 32-bit CPU w/ 16KB L1 cache
128 MB DDR SDRAM
16 MB Flash ROM

Power supply
Power input: 90~220V AC, 50/60 Hz
Power output: 12V DC, 4A
Max. usage: 23W

Dimensions
433mm x 209mm x 50mm

Warranty Information
Warranty Period (yrs) 1

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks brilliant for the price. would like to know if people have used this before?

I have used a sumvision one before and it was rubbish. Whats the noise level like as it will be in the bedroom.

Can find just one review on this:
This review is from: LOOQS MeeBox NAS WiFi Media Server - Black
Think of this as a 4 port GBit switch plus g/b wifi access point rather than a NAS box, which, really, it ain't. The hardware just isn't up to it and the transfer rates to the inbuilt drives are <6Mb/sec. Then there is the software interface. Which is really bad and very limited. Don't even mention the manual - which is only fair as there is so much the manual doesn't mention. If you buy the diskless version, load the drive image on the CD. Not that the manual mentions that or gives any guidance.
Oh it has telnet and ssh so if you are a Linux type you can get around some of the limitations that way.
cheers..

abit more than the 1 advertised but i bought this.

Code:

still cheap, good make and serves all my devices in my home spot on for watching movies and listening to music, and great for storing all my files and folders in 1 location. i also bought 2x 2tb external hard drives from ebuyer and ripped the 3.5 drives out of them and straight into this, buy external drives as there cheaper and just take the hard drive out and chuck away the case, thats what i did... ebuyer had a good deal on the last few days for a hitachi 2tb hard drive for £80 but cant find the ad on ebay now, keep an eye out as there always doing good deals...

Only found one review so far that's in English
Code:

Back