Loop out??

sherry

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi

Could someone let me know what is the purpose of the loop out connection at the back of my 6900 please.

the satellite loop out to to connect the same dish to a second receiver.

the RF loop out is to connect the aerial to your telly after the TM has used the digital terrestrial signal (if available)

loop out on my sat receiver connected to skystar 2 pci card.

very handy

thanks mojo247

what are the benefits of using the skystar2 pci card?

thanks mojo247

what are the benefits of using the skystar2 pci card?

varied m8

pvr
some feeds which are in fta 4:2:2 format cant be viewed on a normal satellite receiver but with the dvbs card its possible.
can watch enc channels like a patched satellite receiver. just by adding softcam and vplug/s2emu plugins to a dvb player like progdvb.
c**d S***I*g which im not fully up to date with

maybe theres alot more to it maye someone else can fill you in.

:Cheers:

loop out

Perhaps Digi or someone could answer this one , if the loop through is used ie stb 1 then to stb2 , and fed to scart 1 and scart 2 on tv which would control the lnb and diseque, could different channels be on on the scart outputs.or does one overide other?
Regards Boris

it depends on the recevicer being used m8. lets say you have a dreambox connected to the dish, then a technomate connected to the loop on the dreambox. when just one of the receivers is turned on, they have full control.

when both are turned on its different. some sense a current on the loop, and give up control to the receiver commected to the loop out. some keep control, and only feed the band that is being received from the LNB to the 2nd receiver via the loop out (so the 2nd receiver will only get 1/4 of the available channels)

hope this helps a bit

loop out ?

Thanks Digi
yes dm500 and tm so if ones in standby the other controls fully and i suppose if i move sat with one i would have to bring it back or would other box auto locate if i selected channel
?
Thanks boris (your a big help m8)

the following is written assuming you have both receivers setup using USALS

if you have the dreambox (as sat1 and the TM connected to its loop out) and its on hispasat 30W and you turn it off then turn the TM on, and the last sat you were viewing was astra1 19.2E then the dish will automatically start moving towards astra1. then if you turn the TM off and the DB back on, itll move back to hispasat

USALS talks to the motors limited CPU to find out where its pointing, and if its not where it wants, then it moves the dish, even coming out of standby with the dish pointing at a different satellite

cheers guys.

i have always wondered what it was for.

could a sky box be connected to this if the 6900 set it to the correct satellite first?

Great thanks a lot digi
ill have a play when my new toy comes
Regards boris

......could a sky box be connected to this if the 6900 set it to the correct satellite first?
One setup I use is a dreambox with a sky dodgy box connected to the satellite loop out. As long as the dreambox is put into standby the sky box works fine, and I'm sure this will be ok with the 6900 too. However, the sat dish must be left aiming at 28 degrees to get the signal.

Back