looking for boiler cover

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
just had my vaillant 831 ecotech plus fixed for £279 by homeserve, the pcb board had gone..engineer checked it all out workig fine now..suggested i take out boiler cover...so can anyyone sugget a cover that includes annual service, and fixes any issues that i have with the boiler as these vaillant are a piece of crap. ive had nothing but issues with it since it was installed in august 2012. was gonna go with THIS , then they have excesss you have to pay like £60 or £100 for everytime it breaks down....what you guys suggest? ta

just had my vaillant 831 ecotech plus fixed for £279 by homeserve, the pcb board had gone..engineer checked it all out workig fine now..suggested i take out boiler cover...so can anyyone sugget a cover that includes annual service, and fixes any issues that i have with the boiler as these vaillant are a piece of crap. ive had nothing but issues with it since it was installed in august 2012. was gonna go with THIS , then they have excesss you have to pay like £60 or £100 for everytime it breaks down....what you guys suggest? ta
Bite the bullet and replace it .you can get a decent combi supplied and fitted for around £1800 to£2000 with 10 yes warranty. Serviced once a year at around seventy quid. I got a baxi 830 fitted 10yr warranty for 1800. I was paying 28 a month on cover so that's binned. Over the 10 years inc annual service it kind of pays for itself

Ideal logic do a good guarantee as well I think it’s up to 12 years...

not looking to replace my boiler..cant afford it at the moment , perhaps next year might get it changed, just need boiler insurance..might take this homeserve one up for £8 per month for the first year which includes a boiler service for free...after that it changes to around £16.50 per month which includes a service every year, then theres the excess of £100 everytime i call them out....

i just had one fitted and was 1800 but got 6 years interest free and works out about a £5 more per month than the boiler cover
and 10 year warranty

i just had one fitted and was 1800 but got 6 years interest free and works out about a £5 more per month than the boiler cover
and 10 year warranty
what boiler is that mate ? i was leaning towards worcesetr bosch although my bother in law suggested a viesman boiler as they offer 10 year warranty , so do worcester bosch but you have to have them installed by those comapny approved fitters....i was thinking of changing all my rads as well as the rads are old , well most of them..gonna be needing 9 rads, have 2 new ones installed just a year or so ago when we had the through lounge done..

a volkera mate but i dont care what one its covered for 10 years

i would change the rad mate and add a magnaflow into the system

I had a magnaclean fitted wen this vaillant was installed...I clean it yearly and add inhibitor...nothing more I can do...I only missed last 2 years of service cos missus had relapse, sadly no longer with us...but gonna get it serviced soon before I take out insurance cover...personally I'm going for Worcester bosh or veisman...will be changing radiators too..

The baxi I got came with a magnaclense filter, The guy that fitted it also flushed the system and ran it through a big **** off magnaclense set up. You can get the baxi for around £1100 from plumbers merchants and any gas safe engineer should be able to fit and register it.

I think boiler manufacturers stipulate that you have to have a filter system installed to keep the warranty....

thanlks guys will look into it...
@johnny bravo Worcester only give you five years.
i think certain ones come with 10 years warranty...but will look into it...as for ideal boilers, a mate of mine had one, mind you it was sometime ago and he had nothing but problems with..but will do my homework before i decide..thanks for the info guys...

Back