boiler issue

Anyone know where the pressure sensor switch is located on the 831 vaillant ecotec plus..mine is faulty , digital display is not reading correctly..have to look at the gauge on the inside if the boiler at the bottom right in the corner..is it easily replaced?

Yes, it's on the LHS behind the gas valve. It's Black and about an inch long.

I think it just unclips.

Probably full of crap.
e4dfb75d9e0590f002d295ee6d2b9198.jpg

Great to see all the help on this one. Boilers at this time of year are obviously an issue. Had to replace a thermistor on one a little while back (easy fix. boilers aren't my field of work bth. Just knew it needed replaced). Hope @MH 's quick fix works for you @johnny bravo :)

Must be some members on here who work on boilers, surely 🤔 I think @HibbyDave doesn’t mind working on a boiler😉

Hey guys this is my pressure switch..see pic ..Will this one fit in link or does it have to match exact part number..got a mate who's gas safe, he said he can get one off the shelf but probably around £50-£60 Mark, best i source one myself
20181108_092149.jpg

i have a vailliant ecotec 831 boiler installed in august 2012 , out of warranty now, during that time has been repaied twice under warranty for faulty diverter valve, now i get f28 and f54 code together, from what i managed to find out f54 refers to models 2012 onwards and f28 gas related issues..gas meter fine as cooker is working ok..had a a gas safe guy look at it..said it was gas valve gone in my boiler...didnt give me a price but not looking forward to it...they dont make them like they us to do they..only 6 years old and serviced reguarly..ffs.!
As an ex major gas supplier TSE I'd fit nothing but Worcester boilers, everything else isn't up to their standards. Only problems I ever had with Worcesters were with the PCB and that was on older models and was relatively cheap to fix. Nothing is as it used to be. I've heard some so-called heating engineers saying how good Vokera's were, next they'll be extolling the virtues of Chafeutaux's, where will it end. I'm afraid your Vaillant is just the same as the Chafeutaux's. I'm sure Worcester's are still owned by Bosch does that say something?

As an ex major gas supplier TSE I'd fit nothing but Worcester boilers, everything else isn't up to their standards. Only problems I ever had with Worcesters were with the PCB and that was on older models and was relatively cheap to fix. Nothing is as it used to be. I've heard some so-called heating engineers saying how good Vokera's were, next they'll be extolling the virtues of Chafeutaux's, where will it end. I'm afraid your Vaillant is just the same as the
. I'm sure Worcester's are still owned by Bosch does that say something?

I wouldnt normally get involved in a statement like this but................

You seem to be trying to portray yourself as an expert in this field and indicate that everyone else is a numpty.
You say that you are an ex major gas supplier TSE
So how long since you were na "expert" in this field?
You say that you would only fit Worcester boilers because everything else isnt up to their standards.
How would you know that if you only ever fit Worcester?
You say the only problem you ever had with Worcesters was the PCB and they were relatively cheap.
I just googled and the price was £180.00 I really dont call that cheap.
You say that the Vaillant boiler is just the same as the Chafeuteux.
What evidence do you have to support this claim?

You seem to be trying to portray yourself as an expert in this field and indicate that everyone else is a numpty.
You say that you would only fit Worcester boilers because everything else isnt up to their standards.
You say the only problem you ever had with Worcesters was the PCB and they were relatively cheap.

I agree with some of your counter but not all
I disagree with 2 points. 1. I dont see any reference in the op as him portraying himself as an expert in his field. 2. The question on how long since he was an expert is irrelevant (see point 1). Just saying ;)

My neighbor has just bought an Ideal boiler with ten year parts and labour warranty included as standard. They must be confident in the quality of their boilers to give such a warranty or a clever marketin strategy that could backfire, no pun intended. Worcester only offer five years🤔

My neighbor has just bought an Ideal boiler with ten year parts and labour warranty included as standard. They must be confident in the quality of their boilers to give such a warranty or a clever marketin strategy that could backfire, no pun intended. Worcester only offer five years🤔
I have an ideal isar and any heating engineer i have spoken to say they are the worst boiler on the market. You can get a w/bosch through boxit with a 10 year warranty

OK have a Baxi boiler.

Been in the rented house for nearly 6 years and it has always been a problem.

I loses pressure very quickly, and when you try to top it up the water leaks out of the flexi pipe joints.

It has now stopped heating at all no hot water or central heating .

Tried tuning the dial to 0 then to R but the flame light does not light up.

Called the managing agents yesterday and they hope to have someone out by Monday but no guarantees.

Its Bloody Cold

The expansion vessel will have no charge.

Turn it on and watch the pressure grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My neighbor has just bought an Ideal boiler with ten year parts and labour warranty included as standard. They must be confident in the quality of their boilers to give such a warranty or a clever marketin strategy that could backfire, no pun intended. Worcester only offer five years[emoji848]
I have an ideal isar and any heating engineer i have spoken to say they are the worst boiler on the market. You can get a w/bosch through boxit with a 10 year warranty
The isar was/is w@@k
The new Logic is a top boiler.
It caused a stir after its launch with the ideal execs, wondering why their sales in parts had almost disappeared. They called a crisis meeting over it lol.

The expansion vessel will have no charge.

Turn it on and watch the pressure grow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I turned the water taps on and let it build the pressure up to 2 (1/2 way on the dial) but it still would not fire up.

As an ex major gas supplier TSE I'd fit nothing but Worcester boilers, everything else isn't up to their standards. Only problems I ever had with Worcesters were with the PCB and that was on older models and was relatively cheap to fix. Nothing is as it used to be. I've heard some so-called heating engineers saying how good Vokera's were, next they'll be extolling the virtues of Chafeutaux's, where will it end. I'm afraid your Vaillant is just the same as the
. I'm sure Worcester's are still owned by Bosch does that say something?

He’s not far off the mark to be fair.
Vailant and Worcester boilers are the best on the planet.
After care from Vailant is absolutely shocking, they turn up sample the water and tell you your warranty is void because the system needs a power flush. They do this regardless of fact. They bought out glow worm and heatline and produce shite cheap boilers and offer 5-10 warranties on them. They have lost a fortune under this veil.

Worcester on the other hand, turn up, fix the boiler and disappear out of your life.
Absolutely second to none on boiler after care.

I turned the water taps on and let it build the pressure up to 2 (1/2 way on the dial) but it still would not fire up.

There is also a red light over a symbol that looks like a fan

He’s not far off the mark to be fair.
Vailant and Worcester boilers are the best on the planet.
After care from Vailant is absolutely shocking, they turn up sample the water and tell you your warranty is void because the system needs a power flush. They do this regardless of fact. They bought out glow worm and heatline and produce shite cheap boilers and offer 5-10 warranties on them. They have lost a fortune under this veil.

Worcester on the other hand, turn up, fix the boiler and disappear out of your life.
Absolutely second to none on boiler after care.

My mate had that happen to him with his Vailent🤯. That’s what swayed me to buy a Worcester boiler. The boiler overflow valve started leaking on the boiler after about 18 months and I phoned up and reported it. The came out the next day and replaced it. They didn’t even check the service book to see if I’d
had it serviced. Can’t fault them👍

I don't wish to blow my own trumpet but I do have a Phd in mechanical engineering and AMIS. I've been retired for over 12 years now from my post as Technical Support Engineer and pat-time put many people through their ACS, so no doubt prices all over have risen. In my 'past' career before doing my Hons degree then my Phd I've installed various makes of CH systems from Potterton to Ideal Strandard and more makes than I'd care to mention, domestic and commercial, unfortunately most of the more reliable makes are no longer available and Heating Engineers/Plumbers are forced, by the market to fit less 'expensive' makes. The Ascot 503 Water heater had a similar HE as either the Vailant or Vokera and seemed to be more reliable even though it was only producing domestic hot water.
I could go on and on but unfortunately most of the comments I've received from my fellow engineers do agree with my post.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Back