Looking for a NewsGroup Provider

chrome307

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there

I am looking for a newsgroup provider that allows simultaneous multiple logins, as I want to share the account with a friend.

I have been using Hitnews for the past year and would like to know if there are any others that offer the same service.

The only reason I want to move on from Hitnews is that their retention is poor compared to others ie 200 days for binaries.

Giganews, Astraweb, Supernews do not allow multiple ips.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!

newshosting.com

Though it is against their T & C , I know somebody who has been doing it for years without a problem.

i use astraweb they are cheap and reliable.

i use astraweb they are cheap and reliable.

But can you connect to their servers from multiple IP at the same time, I didn't think you could with astraweb ?

i would have said the same as WITCHSMELLER but i have just read there t&c

Q: Can I connect from more than one IP address simultaneously?
A: No, only one IP at a time is allowed. The accounts are for personal use only, and allowing more than one IP would open up for account sharing, so we can't afford to allow that.

i would have said the same as WITCHSMELLER but i have just read there t&c

Q: Can I connect from more than one IP address simultaneously?
A: No, only one IP at a time is allowed. The accounts are for personal use only, and allowing more than one IP would open up for account sharing, so we can't afford to allow that.

As if that makes a difference. :)

I'm with Ngroups, and I currently share my account with 7 friends and family.

Many providers state that they do not support it, but give it a try, it may or may not work, with Ngroups, it's certainly working for me :)

As if that makes a difference. :)

I'm with Ngroups, and I currently share my account with 7 friends and family.

Many providers state that they do not support it, but give it a try, it may or may not work, with Ngroups, it's certainly working for me :)

Same with newshosting, its in their T & C but up to you if you want to break them. As I said from experiance I know of several people sharing accounts with them for years without problems.

$20 a month, unlimited downloads, 600 days retention, 60 connections (I know they can max out 2 x 50mb connections at the same time) and SSL. Split that three ways and you are looking at something like £4.50 each ?

I tried Astrweb for one month and they didnt even like when i changed mac ;) when traffic shapping kicked for about upto a hour.

been with Ngroups for years now, use diff ip's and more than the allocated connections and never had a warning email.

for me astraweb is pish poor. Ngroups all day long.

Yep i switched to Ngroups as they do allow simultaneous ip connections.

Thanks for the input guys, for the time being I'm using the 30 day free trial for hitnews.eu, once that is over I will get an account with Ngroups.

Back