looking for a dreambox jtag

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
i am trying to convert a 500c to 500s and was wondering if anyone had a dreambox jtag lying about unused or know where i can get one.
Also looking for 500s files if anyone can help
cheers chronoman

i got a couple of 500 i have converted and want to jtag now just to see if i can get working
cheers chronoman

I take it you replaced the tuners, how/where you source the 500s tuners ? thanks

its just swap the tuners, but theyre a tw@ to get out, unless you dont mind destroying the original cable tuner.

theres a row of about 15 pins, that are soldered on both sides, and through, the board, so with small snips, cut each leg of the original tuner, then one by one remove the legs while heating with a soldering iron, and using copper braid or some form of solder mop, get all of the original solder out of the holes

then put the new one in place, and flood each joint with enough solder to flow through the board to the other side, without burning it

Thanks for the offer but I' wait till I know it works.
I was led to believe it wasn't just the tuners that were different ?
I saw something about flasing alps2tuner on a jtag tut, is this what your trying to do ?

its just swap the tuners, but theyre a tw@ to get out, unless you dont mind destroying the original cable tuner.

theres a row of about 15 pins, that are soldered on both sides, and through, the board, so with small snips, cut each leg of the original tuner, then one by one remove the legs while heating with a soldering iron, and using copper braid or some form of solder mop, get all of the original solder out of the holes

then put the new one in place, and flood each joint with enough solder to flow through the board to the other side, without burning it

Can you verify you have done this as this contradicts everything else i have read.
I also bought a desolder station so i took out tuner perfect and just got blank screen?
thats why i need jtag.
i also read elsewhere you need a couple of capacitors so all the info is confusing.
as far as i was lead to believe the 600c is the only straight swap

from what i have read you need to desolder the cable tuner and swap the sat tuner. you then need to change the 500c boot file with a sat one with the jtag

no m8, i haven t done this myself, for the cost of a clone E1 dreambox, i couldnt be arsed lol, but the tuner is the only difference, the image then picks it up and uses the xml files to match

Back