looking for a decent cheap sat nav

melttc

DW Regular
Reaction score
Guys

Looking for a decent sat nav for the misses as my tom tom go takes an age sometimes to find gps and is always dead when i want to use it , any ideas or anyone got one that good also would be interested in one that i can update myself for future.
thanks.

Does the wife have a smart phone? There are plenty of good apps for these phones. I'm using navigon and impressed with it.

If it aint TomTom it aint no SATNAV. I have use Tomtom, garmin, route66, Sygic and Copilot between the UK and Ireland. I find Tomtom the most direct and the most accurate. I also find it is the easiest to use and the one with the most support particularly if you are updating form an unofficial map source. This is my experience... other people may think different

If it aint TomTom it aint no SATNAV. I have use Tomtom, garmin, route66, Sygic and Copilot between the UK and Ireland. I find Tomtom the most direct and the most accurate. I also find it is the easiest to use and the one with the most support particularly if you are updating form an unofficial map source. This is my experience... other people may think different

chhers i have a tom tom go 920 at the moment and it was fine but getting old now and hasnt been updated in a long time!! plus it is unreliable now thats why i need a new one but dont want to pay out to much as it is rarely used

Jut PMed you. for the benefit of others. SATNAVs do not get old... firmware and maps do. Your SATNAV is as good as your maps and firmware.

Jut PMed you. for the benefit of others. SATNAVs do not get old... firmware and maps do. Your SATNAV is as good as your maps and firmware.

hi and thanks....

i will have a look but i would need a docking station to update firmware and maps i think and i dont have one....

Windows phone nokia drive is a great sat nav prob the best ive used and i include tom tom which i also have. tom tom bulky and takes time to find gps... nokia drive on my lumia always connects straight away... great effort by nokia and for nothing.

no good though if you dont have a nokia windows phone.

Back