Looking at F5 box is there better for the price ?

andyd123

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Guys I'm new here and was given a free Dreambox500s by a friend to start with. I've been looking around and it looks like the F5 box is popular but I see a few people saying it doesn't do all channels then I see other posts saying use a cable attachment that will allow all channels. The F5 seems to be around £50 and this adapter on fleabay for £7 is this the best option or is there better for similar money ? Thanks Andy

The ferguson ariva 203e is a great box for the money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply Cosie but where did you find that box I cant find it for sale in the UK Cheers Andy

Sorry that was a typo.its the 202e

I have a duo but also I've just purchased the ariva 202e hd for the kitchen.it doesn't have a 7 day epg like the duo but for a second room it just the ticket.i must say that the vu duo is the rolls Royce in my book

How much did you pay for yours the best deal I can find is £89 with a wireless adapter delivered which is a bit more than I was planning on spending. Thanks Andy

I paid €93 euros including p&p on eBay.there an official ferguson dealer to.
The wifi dongle is another €14 euros
A bit cheaper than your one I guess m8

Hi Guys I'm new here and was given a free Dreambox500s by a friend to start with. I've been looking around and it looks like the F5 box is popular but I see a few people saying it doesn't do all channels then I see other posts saying use a cable attachment that will allow all channels. The F5 seems to be around £50 and this adapter on fleabay for £7 is this the best option or is there better for similar money ? Thanks Andy

The F3/M3/F5 use identical software and for under £55 including wireless wifi dongle are an absolute bargain, loads and loads of info and channel list about.

The epg on f3 m3 f5 are very limited, look at an enigma2 box. the optibox evo m7 is pretty cheap at £119

Hi I have a dreambox 8000 but just got a f5 for the bedroom great second box also the openbox x5 is. A good box also with 2 usb ports Which my daughter got in her room any one need help with Those boxes I will try and Point you in the right direction

I have the F5 works a treat. You can record on it too and view the recorded files on your pc.

My friend just got a f5 box, looking forward to playing about with it to see if its any good.

I have a skybox F3/F5 not sure which, the HD one anyway. EPG is a big miss but for £50 its spot on. I might sell mine and get a DM800 clone though or something just for the EPG!

i have an f3 and found it a great box... but not good compared to any e2 box like my dm800se

i have an f3 and found it a great box 4 £50 4 a hd box

i have just received my f5 but waiting for the dish! Looking forward to getting it going.

Does anybody know if you can attach a hard drive to the usb to record programmes to? I'm a bit of a novice so any advice would be welcome.

Back