Loader hex??????

C

cornz

Hi, just built a clanzer multi-programmer 5 and i use beta 6 software. I keep seeing the term "loader hex". What is this? As far as i can tell, it is hex you dump into the PIC which then programs the eeprom on a blank card. The PIC is then programmed with DBGM2 (or something similar) then the card can be updated with remote control codes. If anyone can offer me some advice, i'd be grateful. I have checked a few other pages but i dont seem to be having much luck finding out about this loader hex thing. Thanks for your time. Regards, Andy.

Well the loader hex is a file that lets you programme the eeprom through the pic.

it is not used with the dbmg2 software so you dont need it ???

but in the old days of digital hacking the first software up to around jan/feb 01 used a software that needed the loader hex to through programme the eeprom

hope this helps you out ;)

but you dont need a loader you just programme the eeprom first then you programme the pic 2nd

Hmm, now this is odd. Allow me to explain.
Im very new at this so dont proclaim to be an expert.
Using Clanzers software, i have to program the pic 16f64 with the loader hex.
Then i have to flick the switch to the SRW. Then program eeprom.hex into the card. The software then resets the card and gives a message along the lines of "RCVD and then some hex. Them i flick the switch back to PP and program the 16f84 with DMBG2.hex. The card then appears to work (didnt put in any remote control codes). If i try the above without the loader hex, i cant seem to get it working properly but im new at this and i think ive done quite well to get this far. Only thing i cant suss is the auto update stuff. I dont know if my card is auto updating or not. Im still finding my feet with this lot. Still, know more now than i did a week ago!
Thanks for you help.... :rolleyes:

Back