Liverpool Thread

That was absolutely shocking from Roma last night, made Liverpool look good. Can they turn it around again, big ask but Liverpool are no Barcelona.

For me you have to blame Klopp for the 2 Roma goals. Sala ran the show for the first 75 mins, Roma just couldn't get a grip with him on or off the ball but as soon as he leaves the field Roma then decide that there's a less threat from Liverpool going forward, open up and go for it and in numbers.

Have you ever seen Messi go off 4 or 5-0 up or Ronaldo ?. No because they know they can score 6-7-8 with them on the field of play then bench them for the next leg. They might not start them but it's not often they take them off in high profile big stakes games.

I don't know what it is with British teams that they feel the need to "rest" players for 10-15 minutes at an end to a game like that will make a sod of difference to these guys fitness levels. These guys are fit as a fiddle and probably could do another 1/2 hour in games like this running on pure adrenalin.

Sala leaves the field on 75 mins and within 10 minutes Roma have 2 goals back. It wouldn't seem as bad if Roma hadn't have lost 4-1 in Barca then won 4-0 at home in the 2nd leg plus they've not conceded a goal in the CL at home. Is it possible for Roma to go through ? cyclogically now I'd say yes having already done it once to one of the best teams in Europe. That Roma penalty will have made one hell of a difference mentally for those players. 5-0 Id say game over but not now

Last edited:
Think it’s slightly obvious this is a one man team.

It's looking that way now, I also think it's the style of play Liverpool play with him on the field, the counter attacking style football. As soon as he's not there they change their style.
Why take him off ?, honestly it baffles me that as to why anyone would do that even at 5-0 up, so the player can get an extra 15 minutes rest ? give over Klopp

It's looking that way now, I also think it's the style of play Liverpool play with him on the field, the counter attacking style football. As soon as he's not there they change their style.
Why take him off ?, honestly it baffles me that as to why anyone would do that even at 5-0 up, so the player can get an extra 15 minutes rest ? give over Klopp

well if he gets injured in that 15mins everyone will say why was he left on. I think they will be fine if salah is fit for the away leg as he will tear Roma apart on the break when they have to attack.

I cant see salah being there next season. he is way too good for liverpool, but the fact he only has done it for 1 season could be a reason clubs stay away from him.

He could get hurt at any point in a game so I don't see why you take him off ?, you can't pick teams on the what if theory. Play your best team and if he's fit and not throwing up knackered play him till the final whistle. It's a Prem thing, "Right were winning, all off !!". If your thinking he needs resting then bench him Saturday and if needed bring him on but bringing him off with 15mins to go, still doesn't make sense.

I think he will be there next year and I think 2-3 top class additions Liverpool might just give the rest a something to think about.

Won’t be in line with Liverpool’s selling policy to let him go this summer. The will stick him in the shop window another season and “regretfully” let him go next summer. Straight after throwing him under the bus, making public his appeals to go to Spain.

He could get hurt at any point in a game so I don't see why you take him off ?, you can't pick teams on the what if theory. Play your best team and if he's fit and not throwing up knackered play him till the final whistle. It's a Prem thing, "Right were winning, all off !!". If your thinking he needs resting then bench him Saturday and if needed bring him on but bringing him off with 15mins to go, still doesn't make sense.

I think he will be there next year and I think 2-3 top class additions Liverpool might just give the rest a something to think about.

i find it hard to believe that Liverpool will be capable of getting in 2-3 good signings unless they are lucky like with Salah, as they just cant compete with Man utd, man city, real, barca chelsea and PSG for transfer fees and wages. problem is there is just a limit to top players and thats why liverpool buy players that other clubs dont want like Salah who no one wanted as he didnt make it at Chelsea. Like pretty much every other player who didnt make it at Chelsea i blame Mourinho.

the only player i would consider Liverpool have that was a top player when they bought him is Van Dijk and the reason they got him was they got him in January and got lucky that none of the others were willing to pay such a high price for a CB. in my opinion he was well worth the 75m as he is definitely the best CB in the premier league.

De Bruyne was an "other clubs didn't want", type player sometimes a player needs to find the right club just like a club has to find the right player. Thats down to the manager to source out the right player for the job, proof of the pudding Shaun Dyke. He buys players that fit into his system and the changing room ethos. Throwing £100 million down doesn't guarantee he will win you trophies he has to fit into the system. Look at Sanchez, square peg round hole comes to mind. Is he worth £300 a week ?.

I think this season transfer fee's will literally go ballistic and the first £1 million a week player might not be to far off with Mbappe more than likely heading to City. If Liverpool shop well and Champions League football is on the table they might pick up a bargain or two say from Germany.

Just be the same buying policy as ever, buy a pool of prospects in and hope to get a good one for resale profit later on.

The dick van dyke transfer was a little out of character for Liverpool. Klopp must have put his foot down. Not anywhere near the best CB in the league, he’s not even that great a defender, always a mistake in him. Good with the ball at his feet and disciplined enough to make it as CB but he needs a better natural defender next to him or he really struggles.

Who would you say is a better defender than Van dyke in the league so?

I think he has done ok for himself more than likely in a champs league final when only at Liverpool a few months and considering he doesn't have a natural defender next to him in lovren.

i find it hard to believe that Liverpool will be capable of getting in 2-3 good signings unless they are lucky like with Salah, as they just cant compete with Man utd, man city, real, barca chelsea and PSG for transfer fees and wages. problem is there is just a limit to top players and thats why liverpool buy players that other clubs dont want like Salah who no one wanted as he didnt make it at Chelsea. Like pretty much every other player who didnt make it at Chelsea i blame Mourinho.

the only player i would consider Liverpool have that was a top player when they bought him is Van Dijk and the reason they got him was they got him in January and got lucky that none of the others were willing to pay such a high price for a CB. in my opinion he was well worth the 75m as he is definitely the best CB in the premier league.

Hmm
What they could do is bring in some good players and improve them like they have done with Salah and The Ox its called coaching not Monoply

Who would you say is a better defender than Van dyke in the league so?

I think he has done ok for himself more than likely in a champs league final when only at Liverpool a few months and considering he doesn't have a natural defender next to him in lovren.

Otamendi, Vertongen, Azpilcueta, David Luiz, Alderwiereld, Smalling, Eric Bailley.
Miggy and the topless skateboard nun.

Back