Liverpool star signing anti rangers songs

tonks1982

DW Regular
Reaction score
from bbc

Mobile phone footage of Wales captain Craig Bellamy singing anti-Rangers songs in a Belfast bar has found its way onto the YouTube website.
In the video Bellamy, who played for Celtic for four months during a loan move in 2005, is seen singing the club anthem "Hail, Hail the Celts are here".

The Liverpool striker then begins chanting "lets all laugh at Rangers".

The video clip, which already has almost 15,000 views, was filmed in the Hatfield Bar on the Ormeau Road.

Bellamy, who has gained a reputation as a footballing bad boy, scored seven goals in 12 games for Celtic.

Earlier this year, he found himself in the media spotlight after he allegedly tried to strike team-mate John Arne Riise with a golf club during a team training camp in Portugal.

The striker was also booed when he played for Wales against Northern Ireland in a friendly international at Windsor Park in March which ended in a scoreless draw.

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chJcv5ysaTo[/ame]

Hardly Anti-Rangers for singing Lets all laugh at rangers?

Don't know the words to Hail, Hail the Celts are here but i doubt its much worse?

I've heard worse on a school playground, and ALOT worse at the football.

Hardly anything to take too serious if all it was, was Lets all laugh at rangers.

i agree

i didnt write the report bbc did

Aye, hate it when these things get blown out of proportion.

Can any Rangers fan possibly complain about that? Infact could any football fan take offence at someone singing that about your team.

Whats wrong with a wee bit banter? Why can't people take a joke nowadays. Can't say anything without people getting offended.

lets all laugh at rangers ..............bellamys out of order guy needs banned from football and sent back to wales..hes a disgrace .........only joking

what does the bbc want to acheive from such a stupid article

cant the guy go to the pub and have laugh

If I supported Celtic then I would be annoyed if an ex player like Bellers didnt pick up a few songs and chant them....he certainly wouldnt have been able to sing pro Rangers songs in the Hatfield...lol

The Hammer was a german and he sang pro Rangers songs, so did Gazza and company, no harm in it, people sing songs when they are on the juice.

coz of his rep, all he ever gets is bad press. probably pissed off a bbc journalist at some point

coz of his rep, all he ever gets is bad press. probably pissed off a bbc journalist at some point

Probly right seeker but would you put it past him only speculation but IMHO hes a twat

Complete non-story, this. When I read it, I thought there had to be more to it, maybe singing some of the songs that are banned at Celtic Park. Now I've seen it, I'm amazed this got as far as the BBC site.

Blah blah, license fee, rant, etc.

Would that be because he plays for LFC or because he was singing anti Rangers songs or because he was pissed up?

Just in general really...........................

Back