Live banning

Valen212

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if Microsoft have started banning people using this mod yet on Xbox live?

I think this mod is a bit daft really, I mean new titles are bound to force you to upgrade the 360 firmware and lock out the mod, is it really worth invalidating your warranty just to play the games that are already released?

their not banning from live just yet,but i have from a usually good source that ms can detect that copies are being used,and when it detects one it adds a piece of code to your console,after a certain number of copied games have been played,it makes a complete set of code which then runs on your console bans you from live,and stops the firmware hack from working-this is in no way fact or certain,but who i got told by is very rarly wrong

as for it being worth it,i think it is,the only game i played on live was burnout revenge,and i have proved myself on that many times over-i had 10 original games-which cost me 500 near enough,now with the hack i have 35 games which would have cost 1750,but its cost me noware near that,so i really do think it is worth it,but it would be wise to stay off live

Can't they just force you to upgrade your firmare on future titles though, so in the end only the games that are currently out there are going to work?

Don't see the point of having a 360 and not being able to go on live so I think I'll give this a miss.

it was the same as psp. new games forcing people to upgrade, the clevers one didnt, and now there is a way of using the latest games on a older firmware

LiVe

You Should run a search for 360 sites.. XBconnect...etc. You can play your "cough" back ups from there without the risk of running LIVE.

XBconnect sucks, doesn't support many games or voice chat or xbox live arcade etc etc.

This mod is nothing like the PSP ones. On the PSP the actual consoles firmware is cracked, not just the disc drives. Nobody has cracked xbox360 games yet or for that matter the actual firmware on the 360 itself. So if a title forced you to upgrade to a new 360 dash before it would run there is no getting around it like there is on the PSP, because you cannot patch 360 games and you cannot hack the firmware on the 360 to fool it into booting them without upgrading.

cool., didnt know that and to be honest i no nothing bot xboxs lol :)

Live

Can't see how microsoft can tell if your DVD Drive is modified or not, can somebody explain how this is possible?

Hacked Firmware

From what i read on xboxhacker.net this is pretty undectactable atm, as the drive still appeares to be in its original state as far as the 360 knows. from what i understand the drive still returns the corecrt cheksum to the kernnal and thus has no reason to report any dodgy goings on back to MS.

the thing is xbox hacker are not microsoft,nobody knows for sure other than ms,and i very much doubt that ms cannot detect the fw,they know exactly what to look for and dont forget the 360 is supposed to be future proof so id say ms know exactly whats going on in any 360 they choose to look into on live

Back