Xbox backwards compatible games: final list announced

spud1966

Staff member
Reaction score
3244922_2.jpg

What is Backward Compatibility?
Play over 600 Xbox 360 games and Original Xbox classics on Xbox One. Select titles are Xbox One X Enhanced, leveraging the additional power of the console for higher resolution, improved texture filtering, and expanded color detail. Experience game franchises across generations and enjoy the titles you own and love at no additional cost. For Xbox 360 games, keep your game saves, add-ons, achievements, and Gamerscore. And with Xbox Live Gold, play multiplayer games with friends across Xbox One and Xbox 360. Xbox One is the only place to play the best games of the past, present, and future.*

Microsoft have revealed their next batch of backwards compatible games.

Sadly these will be the last ones they intend to convert

On the plus side this will be the last batch so the conversion team can concentrate on making sure Xbox one games will be compatible with project scarlet

Original Xbox
Armed and Dangerous
Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent
Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict

Xbox 360:

Asura's Wrath
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat
Enchanted Arms
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Far Cry Classic
Far Cry Instincts Predator
Infinite Undiscovery
Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie
Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands
Skate
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo
Syndicate
Too Human
Unreal Tournament 3
Xbox One X enhanced games:

Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts
Banjo-Tooie
Kameo Elements of Power
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

I think it fair to say that xbox360 looks like its coming to an end now with no more backward games.
It can hang its head high, as it gave me great memories and made some great friends over the years. Even to this day i still keep in contact with a few folks i met on xbox live.
Truly the first to break boundaries for online gaming.
Just a shame you dont get as much online chat now as you did when 360 landed in our livingrooms.

I miss the days when a 12 year old shouting down his mic saying what he thought of my mother.
😂

Last edited:
Yeah xbox 360 was good. I have a 360 untouched firmware-wise and a jtagged one all probably going to the skip now :-(

Back