Littlewoods

tlogic

Inactive User
Reaction score
My 2 year old broke my tv unit glass door which broke when it hit her baby bouncer. ( no one was hurt) The cabinet door was a laminated safety glass it just shattered into small pieces. So I emailed little woods about a cost of a replacement glass door, this is the response I got.

""Thanks for emailing us about a replacement part for your Eclispe TV Unit .

It is our company policy to have all furniture inspected by a Qualified Upholsterer to ascertain if there is a manufacturing fault before we supply any replacement parts.

If the Inspector advises us that it is not a manufacturing fault there may be a charge of 45.00 debited to your account to cover any costs we have incurred offering this service.

Please contact the Upholstery Department on 0844 822 4682 , to confirm your wishes to go ahead with this inspection.

Their office hours are 8.30am - 8.00pm Monday to Sunday"

Why on earth do they want to send a qualified upholsterer down to inspect the unit, Am I right in thinking an upholsterer is not a suitable person to inspect the tv unit which is made out of glass and mdf. ****s trying to con me out of £45.00:Angryfire

if you did not tell them how it happened then say you shut the door slowly and the glass broke then it is manufacturing fault and get a new door for free but that is just my say tbh

How would they prove it wasn't; its a bunch of broken glass.

Pop it all into a clear plastic carrier and send it to them :p (save you the £45 visit)

i dont understand? safety glass is supposed to break into little pieces much like car windows/ you sure its laminated as i dont think ive ever seen a laminated tv unit ever.... i dont see a manufacturing fault here am i missing something?

if you broke and and asked for a replacement which you are willing pay for then why do they want to send anyone out?

surely you could just say it was my fault there is no manufacturing fault so i dont need an inspection then offer to pay for a new bit of glass.

seems a merry go round to me

just order a new one take the glass and send the new one back with all the bits of glass in it and say it was broken on delivery.. f*ck em they want to screw you.... screw them back...

i dont understand? safety glass is supposed to break into little pieces much like car windows/ you sure its laminated as i dont think ive ever seen a laminated tv unit ever.... i dont see a manufacturing fault here am i missing something?
sorry thommo but think you are missing summit unless i am in you post
no one is saying that it was a fault with the glass but say that there was a fault to get a replacement /( ok so it is a little lie but they are playing games so why should tlogic not )

if you broke and and asked for a replacement which you are willing pay for then why do they want to send anyone out?
because they are plicks trying to make money out of the general public for nowt the winkers

sorry thommo but think you are missing summit unless i am in you post
no one is saying that it was a fault with the glass but say that there was a fault to get a replacement /( ok so it is a little lie but they are playing games so why should tlogic not )

because they are plicks trying to make money out of the general public for nowt the winkers

erm littlewoods... erm first post... looks like "they" are suggesting there is a fault hence the wanting to charge him for someone to look at it, hence my post saying why if he admits he broke it and there is no fault in the manufacture.

i think calling Littlewoods cs and explaining the situation (that the glass door just fell apart ;)) would be the best idea.

i have a small child in my house that could have been injured by this faulty glass door you gave me ;)

erm littlewoods... erm first post... looks like "they" are suggesting there is a fault hence the wanting to charge him for someone to look at it, hence my post saying why if he admits he broke it and there is no fault in the manufacture.

did say Thommo i might be missing summit m80

I'm confused.

All he needs to to is call Littlewoods, explain that that door is broken and that the last conversation that was had they advised that they needed to send out someone to inspect it, state that there is no need for that and that all you want to do is buy a replacement door. Get the cost, pay for it. End.

Go home have a happy life with your new glass door.

thanks for the replies, my one year old laptop died a few days ago,that's another story. :Chainsaw: littlewoods emailed me and came back with the following responce:

Thank you for your email regarding your damaged unit.

Your manufacturing warranty does not cover yourself for accidental damage or misuse.

If your item has failed prematurely due to a manufacturing defect it would then be our responsibility to rectify the fault.

As you have advised us that the unit has failed due to the result of damage we would be unable to supply the part to repair the unit.

Unfortunately we are unable to supply chargeable replacement parts.

We're sorry to have to disappoint you on this occasion.

Piss ****ing poor that they don't do replacement parts. Thommo I like your idea in buying a new one and sending the old one back minus the glass. will just do that.

tlogic;2114132 As you have advised us that the unit has failed due to the result of damage we would be unable to supply the part to repair the unit.[/QUOTE said:
did you state that it was miss use or damage done by you ??
if not email them back saying you never said it was your fault but theirs the glass was defective
if you did admit it then the response you got would be the one i would expect tbh sorry

Littlewoods are cnuts, still trying to reclaim money from me for ppi i never asked for....two years after we had paid for the item they reckoned we owed them 12 quid which grew and grew....****em and yes that are trying to rob you....

Sending an upholsterer to check a tv cabinet is like sending a fishmonger to check an engine.

Completely fruitless exercise...

Sent from my shitefone .......

=
Sending an upholsterer to check a tv cabinet is like sending a fishmonger to check an engine.

HAHAHAHA This cracked me up :LOL:

On the PPI note why don't you try claim the money back as it was misold to you. there are loads of people getting refunded just for misold PPI.

just an update i sent the following email to Littlewoods and copied in the CEO of littlewoods,

Got a result they will be sending me out a new tv cabinet, all I have to do is take out the glass. and sent it back lol

At no extra charge.

Hi Nicola,

I must say that I am really disappointed on the outcome of this and In future I will seek to purchase my furniture else where. I am not having a go at you but please make a recommendation to your superiors on my behalf that they should look into providing replacement parts for furniture they sell this way you will buy the trust of some of your customers. This was the first time I purchased a furniture item from littlewoods and it will surely be the last time.

I now have a perfectly good tv cabinet with only a glass door missing, it's a shame I have to throw it away because of this reason.

I still can't believe that littlewood sends out upholsters to inspect TV Cabinets , it's like sending a fishmonger to check an engine.

Kind Regards

I had to put in the line by 'cheekymonkey' just to top it off.

Back