LittleBigPlanet causes upset as it contains song with words from the Quran

This is totally ridiculous! The audio track that the muslims are upset by has been on general release for a few years, so this is nothing new

As someone has already stated,"if your offended by it then don't buy it".

I'm disappointed with $ony for backing down on this one.

I also agree that they could have released the game and then pushed out an update to alter the track or something similar.

Now I have to wait another month before this game is released!!!

This is totally ridiculous! The audio track that the muslims are upset by has been on general release for a few years, so this is nothing new

As someone has already stated,"if your offended by it then don't buy it".

I'm disappointed with $ony for backing down on this one.

I also agree that they could have released the game and then pushed out an update to alter the track or something similar.

Now I have to wait another month before this game is released!!!

when it suits them to be offended,what a load of bo**ocks

This has to be the most unoffensive game that has hit the market for a long time. It appeals to all ages and all sexes. It is colourful, bright and fun. It is not the type of game to encourage racial hatrage, violence or otherwise unsocialable behavour.

As many have said here, if the minority of users do not like it then either don't buy it or if they do turn the volume down for the "offensive" music. I have never heard of anything so pathetic in all my life.

Games that have been banned or re-classified:

GTA SA - The Hot Coffee Minigame: Re-Classified to Adults Only (I didn't even know about this)

Night Trap - Not sure why but sure it can be looked up

The Guy Game - Censored due to a reveal of minors breasts - understandable and most would agree.

There are also a catalogue of films that have been banned and re-classified. The complainants must ask themselves is LBP of the same breed as these games.

Thats my two-penneth worth anyway.

Night Trap caused controversy as it featured very young american college girls in their underwear in a voyeuristic setting as they got murdered one by one.

So, I take it then by all of this concern over a video game, that none of you would ever complain about something that offends you. Even if you didnt intend to buy it?

I mean, the very thought that a muslim could be offended by a trifling little thing as a video game seems to have offended a number of people here. And you are all complaining about it.

Sony made a business move. LBP had already been hit by delays even right before this "controversy". Maybe it allows them a little breathing space before the release - who know and who cares. Sony are here to make money, not to defend staunch daily mail readers.

Night Trap caused controversy as it featured very young american college girls in their underwear in a voyeuristic setting as they got murdered one by one.

So, I take it then by all of this concern over a video game, that none of you would ever complain about something that offends you. Even if you didnt intend to buy it?

I mean, the very thought that a muslim could be offended by a trifling little thing as a video game seems to have offended a number of people here. And you are all complaining about it.

Sony made a business move. LBP had already been hit by delays even right before this "controversy". Maybe it allows them a little breathing space before the release - who know and who cares. Sony are here to make money, not to defend staunch daily mail readers.

Complaining about a few words in a video game music track that only some will understand is one thing, but having to experience yet another delay for one of the most anticipated games because of a minor flaw which could easily be fixed with update following release is another matter entirely.

Sony should satisfy the majority of users and release the game as planned and then release an update to then satisify the minority of users. I doubt anyone here is complaining because they don't want that particular track removed.

as already stated, Sony could very well prepare a patch that needs to be installed before you can play the game - Assasins Creed had a similar patch. So, no delays.

There will be people on this thread complaining about the evil muslims attempts to thwart this games release who do not even plan to buy the game, let alone own a PS3. The same can be said for some of the muslims who are apparently complaining about this, they might not even buy it...

At the end of the day, its not worth getting so wound up over.

new release date is the 5th november. apparently it is just being patched, and the patch is ready.

if thats the case it was a waste of time delaying it in the first place.

unbelievable what a load of Sh!t why like u say delay it then

as already stated, Sony could very well prepare a patch that needs to be installed before you can play the game - Assasins Creed had a similar patch. So, no delays.

There will be people on this thread complaining about the evil muslims attempts to thwart this games release who do not even plan to buy the game, let alone own a PS3. The same can be said for some of the muslims who are apparently complaining about this, they might not even buy it...

At the end of the day, its not worth getting so wound up over.

Forcing users to install a patch before they can play it? wtf. havent you thought of the fact that not everyone's console is online so therefore not everyone can download a patch.

Forcing users to install a patch before they can play it? wtf. havent you thought of the fact that not everyone's console is online so therefore not everyone can download a patch.
Hmm, nothing like dragging up a nice old thread...

To answer your question, even if the console isnt online you will probably have access to the internet in some way. So you can just download the patch. However, if the console isnt online, then the game cant check for a patch can it? Which would mean you would just get on and play it, wouldnt you?

If the song bothered you that much (and I have no idea now that the game is actually on sale), you could always download the patch onto a USB stick or something.

Hmm, nothing like dragging up a nice old thread...

To answer your question, even if the console isnt online you will probably have access to the internet in some way. So you can just download the patch. However, if the console isnt online, then the game cant check for a patch can it? Which would mean you would just get on and play it, wouldnt you?

If the song bothered you that much (and I have no idea now that the game is actually on sale), you could always download the patch onto a USB stick or something.

Patches don't work like that though. your console needs to be online. You can't download the patch to your PC then transfer it via a PSP or similar method.

Patches don't work like that though. your console needs to be online. You can't download the patch to your PC then transfer it via a PSP or similar method.
Your console doesnt have to be online. When Lair was released, you could get the first patch from cover discs as well as by downloading it to a USB stick. Granted though, this is the only game I have seen with a patch available seperately.

It works the same was as system software. You can download that to a USB stick also for installation.

However, I would argue that the majority of PS3's are connected to the Internet.

Your console doesnt have to be online. When Lair was released, you could get the first patch from cover discs as well as by downloading it to a USB stick. Granted though, this is the only game I have seen with a patch available seperately.

It works the same was as system software. You can download that to a USB stick also for installation.

However, I would argue that the majority of PS3's are connected to the Internet.

I guess it depends on the game then. My PS3 isnt online and i can't download the patch for Fifa 09 even though my PC has the internet. Ive asked about it, but people said your console needs to be online to get it.

I guess it depends on the game then. My PS3 isnt online and i can't download the patch for Fifa 09 even though my PC has the internet. Ive asked about it, but people said your console needs to be online to get it.
How come your not online?

How come your not online?

Because ive got 3 mobile broadband and it isnt compatible with it. ive seen a video on YouTube which shows its possible get to online by connecting an ethernet cable via your pc and ps3 but because of the limits of mobile broadband it would probably be to slow and laggy so id just be wasting my money if i bought an ethernet cable.

Back