LittleBigPlanet causes upset as it contains song with words from the Quran

OMG and because of this has now been delayed

LittleBigPlanet Faces Worldwide Recall For Qur'an References

The European delay of LittleBigPlanet we mentioned earlier has blossomed into a worldwide recall of the game due to passages from the Islamic holy text Qur'an being included in the background music in one of the levels.

"During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an," admitted the company in a statement.

"We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused."

Yesterday a reader sent us a link to a music file containing the two offensive phrases, which can be found here.

h**p://mt14.quickshareit.com/share/preview/soundclip22503c0.wav

Translated means :

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

h**p://kotaku.com/5065076/littlebigplanet-faces-worldwide-recall-for-quran-references

un bloody believable!

Last edited:
I dont understand why they would be so upset though? I mean there are tons of games with biblical references in them after all.

Reading some of the comments from that forum was disturbing to say the least - especially where someone comments that another user is either a mulsim themselves, or just doesnt deserve to be there based on the fact they seem to come from England??!?

Politcal Correctness gone mad as usual. Theres plenty of things me and others could find insulting to christians or any other religion etc yet they don't get delayed and nothing gets said. Mostly people have bigger things to worry about than some damn quote about there religion in a game!

Well i was going to get Little Big planet but if its out same week as COD5 like i read earlier then i know what i'd rather spend my money on. COD5 all the way,lol.

To: Sony Computer Entertainment & Media Molecule

While playing your latest game, "LittleBigPlanet" in the first level of the third world in the game (titled "Swinging Safari"), I have noticed something strange in the lyrics of the music track of the level. When I listened carefully, I was surprised to hear some very familiar Arabic words from the Quran. You can listen to part of the track here:

quickshareit

The words are:

1- In the 18th second: "كل نفس ذائقة الموت" ("kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death').

2- Almost immediately after, in the 27th second: "كل من عليها فان" ("kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish').

I asked many of my friends online and offline and they heard the exact same thing that I heard easily when I played that part of the track. Certain Arabic hardcore gaming forums are already discussing this, so we decided to take action by emailing you before this spreads to mainstream attention.

We Muslims consider the mixing of music and words from our Holy Quran deeply offending. We hope you would remove that track from the game immediately via an online update, and make sure that all future shipments of the game disk do not contain it.

We would also like to mention that this isn't the first time something like this happened in videogames. Nintendo's 1998 hit "Zelda: Ocarina of Time" contained a musical track with islamic phrases, but it was removed in later shipments of the game after Nintendo was contacted by Muslim organizations. Last year, Capcom's "Zack & Wiki" and Activision's "Call of Duty 4" also contained objectionable material offensive to Muslims that was spotted before the release of the final games, and both companies thankfully removed the content.

We hope you act immediately to avoid any confusion and unnecessary controversy, and we thank you for making such an amazing game.

Regards,
NSider

(On behalf of the gamers at True-Gaming.net)

its not boring, it shows that for such a huge release for Sony, q&a still manages to falter.

This could be terribly costly for them...

here is the official word on it. absolute load of bollocks in my oppinion. this is political correctness, gone completely off its head. im getting sick and tired how much the world seems to bend over backwards so as not to offend muslims.

any way, rant over. here is the official word

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

LittleBigPlanet will be remastered in order to remove a track from the game that contained two expressions found in the Qur'an. Whilst shorter expressions from the Qur'an are sometimes used in Nasheeds, we are aware that the mixing of musical instruments with recognisable extracts from the Qur'an is offensive to Muslims. Therefore, we have taken immediate action to rectify this. We will confirm a new launch date shortly.

i bet the licensed track in question is still being released by the record label. sony should do exactly like they did with the manchester church issue in resistance

and tell them too fook off

If anyone is offended by it then the answer is simple, don't fucking buy it!

If anyone is offended by it then the answer is simple, don't fucking buy it!

thats the sensible solution to this problem. but unfortunately, we dont live in a sensible society anymore.

the world has officially gone mad.

here is the official word on it. absolute load of bollocks in my oppinion. this is political correctness, gone completely off its head. im getting sick and tired how much the world seems to bend over backwards so as not to offend muslims.

any way, rant over. here is the official word

During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an. We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused.

LittleBigPlanet will be remastered in order to remove a track from the game that contained two expressions found in the Qur'an. Whilst shorter expressions from the Qur'an are sometimes used in Nasheeds, we are aware that the mixing of musical instruments with recognisable extracts from the Qur'an is offensive to Muslims. Therefore, we have taken immediate action to rectify this. We will confirm a new launch date shortly.
But this isnt political correctness, its business.

This game is a huge release for Sony this year and they stand to make a big pile of cash from it. Removing this track ensures that they will only get the publicity they want for the game. This is completely unlike the Resistance issue, the scenes with Manchester cathedral were integral to the plot - you were meant to go to Manchester at some point in the game. So to remove it would have cost a very large amount of money.

This on the other hand is simple to solve, just swap the track out for a different one. Less cash lost and everyone is happy. The more people that buy it then the happier Sony gets. Sony are doing their best to appeal to everyone as a business. If they didnt want to remove it, they wouldnt need to...

But this isnt political correctness, its business.

This game is a huge release for Sony this year and they stand to make a big pile of cash from it. Removing this track ensures that they will only get the publicity they want for the game. This is completely unlike the Resistance issue, the scenes with Manchester cathedral were integral to the plot - you were meant to go to Manchester at some point in the game. So to remove it would have cost a very large amount of money.

This on the other hand is simple to solve, just swap the track out for a different one. Less cash lost and everyone is happy. The more people that buy it then the happier Sony gets. Sony are doing their best to appeal to everyone as a business. If they didnt want to remove it, they wouldnt need to...

no way is this a publicity stunt to get more advertising, they dont need it. its one of the most anticipated games of the year.

as for costing less money. how many discs do u think have already been pressed and shipped to retailers. i have no idea, but im pretty sure it will be a very very expensive recall, not to mention the cost of remastering the disc and pressing new copys.

and they should still tell them to **** off.

Its still way cheaper than removing parts of a completed game... I also didnt mention this was an advertising stunt.

As to recalling the original? Why bother? For all of those out with the retailers, a patch can be put up forcing users to install it before they can play. Newer discs with the track removed can then be produced at the same time. So no need to recall....

nothing should have happened at all. the game should have been out when they originally planned.

tell them to **** off, if they dont like it, dont buy it. or turn the volume down. thats what i would have done.

it a sad fact that people are actually offended by it in the first place. its quite a catchy song actually. the guy will probably make a fortune from sales on itunes, were it has been available without issue for quite a period of time

if your muslim DO NOT click this link

http://www.myspace.com/toumanidiabate

sony is called "Tapha Niang". and apparently the guy is muslim himself wtf

Last edited:
In that case then, fear the video gaming muslim to your hearts content.

Even better, fear the 360 fanboy vide game playing muslim more - you never know how one will upset you next.

And to Sony - well done for trying to make as much money as possible. Cash from muslims is just as good as cash from us god-fearing christians...

still a boring thread the usual suspects spouting shit about nothing........its quite silly to waste all that money on more discs they should have donated it to the BNP instead, or givn all its members a free copy even. mr pc go forth and multiply you sound very silly.......:banana:

Its a shame you find this thread so boring.

As stated, they dont need to do anything with the discs already shipped for retail. Sony can push a patch out for anyone trying to play the game that would need to be installed first.

So I guess the BNP loses out today, again.

Back