lite on 83850

iliveinuk

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys,

As the topic suggests, im doing a lite on 83850, have done a few of these before with no problems, never had a v2 of these yet...

connected the drive up, drive properties were found, tried to get the drive info by using the LO830info, half open, fully open etc, that all worked, so im guessing its a v1, done the firmware, went to do the erase and now have a problem. I have not seen this before, clicked on liteon erase, powered off and back on and instead of getting the 0x72 i keep getting 0x51 in the bottom window with device intro failed and over in the flash properties window where it would normally show the drive info in the type it says 0xD1

I have tried to erase this a few times now but with no luck, anyone ever come across this before, it cant be a v2 can it as i managed to get the properties from doing the half open, fully open trick

Starting to bang my head a bit now thats all, any help would be great, have powered off a couple times and tried and tried again but still with no luck, might try the l-o-erase later but just wanted to see if anyone else had had this before

Had it a couple of times , i just needed to eject the tray a few times until it went into 0x72 status.

Had it a couple of times , i just needed to eject the tray a few times until it went into 0x72 status.

Hi Dave,

I have it in 0x72 state now, but all the vendor, device id etc etc are blank now, have tried intro/device ID, powered off and back on and it just keeps .............. with no info coming back :( eventually it will say device intro failed, so i cant write to it till i get the properties, although it says 0x72 in the box at the bottom, the flash chip properties are saying its in status 0xF2

How do i get that to say 0x72??

Basically if i go to erase it, it comes up with serial flash found with status 0x72
manufacture id 0x0
device id 0x0
flash name unknown type
flash size n/a

so i hit intro/device id to get the properties, power off then back on, the type changes to status 0xF2 and thats all i get

Last edited:
try ejecting the tray a few times , it should show up the info eventually

hi mate, tried all that, in the end i had to use dosflash, worked first time, thats the first time i have ever had a fail when going to write to a lite on

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated

Glad you got there in the end m8
hi mate, tried all that, in the end i had to use dosflash, worked first time, thats the first time i have ever had a fail when going to write to a lite on

Thanks for the input though, much appreciated

Back