Limewire scam?

looks like a scam to me. It's trying to make out you have to pay to get access to the Limewire network. Which we know isn't the case cos it's a free p2p propgram. I've got limewire pro and you don't have to pay for access.
I'm sure some people will fall for it tho

its a scam. theres loads of sites like these around - dont fall victim to them. Always download software from the original source if you can (in this case ww.limewire.c*m)

limewire sucks anyway man
most of the search results are trojan downloaders :proud:

stevedw said:
hasnt anyone got the power to shut these scam sites down.

probably the people who make Limewire can complain to the webhost of the scam sites, and get them removed.

F.E.A.R said:
limewire sucks anyway man
most of the search results are trojan downloaders :proud:

i havent had any trojans from limewire downloads only from things like spyware.

i reckon 8 out of 10 downloads i get of limewire have trojans in them its full of the stuff

LIMEWIRE IS FULL OF ALL SORTS OF BUGS
USE SPYBOT TO PROVE IT

MAY I RECOMMEND USING A DIFFERNET P2P PRORAM
SUCH AS SHAREAZA. NO POP UPS, NO GRAPHICAL AD'S.. TOTALLY CLEAN

WWW.SHAREAZA.COM

idave said:
USE SPYBOT TO PROVE IT

WWW.SHAREAZA.COM

Limewire doesnt have any popups or ads.

and i reckon it all depends on who is using it. If a newbie to P2P is using it, then of course they'll download trojans and virii. but if you know what your doing, then you should have any problems. I've been using Limewire for years, never once had a problem :)

idave said:
USE SPYBOT TO PROVE IT

WWW.SHAREAZA.COM

Totally agree with you idave, about shareeza, also like the torrent sites as well

Get limewire pro

You download basic then go in programs and type lime wire pro then download the 1 tat is more than 851.7kb something like 3256kb then download open set up finished 1000% not scam

limewire is full of virus downloads,the standard torrent is better.

got to admit have gone off lime wire as there seem to be more and more corrupted files spyware and trojens on there rerely use it now gone down the torrent route : mr ed :

dabs said:
got to admit have gone off lime wire as there seem to be more and more corrupted files spyware and trojens on there rerely use it now gone down the torrent route : mr ed :

spyware? i thought spyware was programs like advertising software, programs which record keystrokes, dialers, etc.. if your downloading mp3 music and pictures which a lot of p2p users do how can those files contain spyware. would'nt they have to be excutables.

Not only do u have to contend with viruses trojans and spyware but also missnamed files download an mp3 track and turns out to be an advert for another site or totally different track to what u thought you had downloaded have tried quite a few different psp progs limewire bear share edonkey kazaa etc all the same torrents much better or newsgroups allthough i havent tried them yet but may do very soon

gota say limewire seems to be able to get a quicker speed of download than with torrents on the whole, for me anyway! Have the same prob as the rest of you with it though, misnamed files, trojans, viruses etc! Using torrents as they rarely go wrong

Back