iPhone Limera1n to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 on iPhone,iPad,iPod touch 4 Guide Now Mac!

How do i jailbreak the ipad, because i thought the latest firmware for ipad is 3.2.2, my one is from USA could that be the reason? only itunes it says i have the latest one? do i have to register in order to see updates?

thanks
hnj

sorry guys school boy error on my behalf all sorted now.

cheers.

hi me again, can some point me towards a tut to upgrade to 4.1 using tinyumbrella and keep my jailbreak i dont know if it makes a difference but at the moment im on 4.0 and when i boot cydia it says
shsh: ios 3.1,3.1.2,3.1.3,4.0,4.01
i have made a backup in itunes allready so i think im ready to go
cheers.

edit:sorry about that i didnt read biffo's post properly.

Last edited:
is it ok to delete the limera1n icon from screen once its been installed??

cheers.

ive now managed to upgrade to 4.1 using tiny umberella can i now just run limera1n to unlock it again? it now says my base band is 05.14.02 - 6.4_M3S2 in timyumberella, cheers.
edit ive just realised ive been geting the term unlock and jailbroken confused i thought they both meant the same thing.

Last edited:
How do i jailbreak the ipad, because i thought the latest firmware for ipad is 3.2.2, my one is from USA could that be the reason? only itunes it says i have the latest one? do i have to register in order to see updates?

thanks
hnj

Hi Mate heres the guide on how to do your ipad HERE

bri
i just done my fone, no bother
but a m8 trying ipod and says he aint got limera1n icon on ipod
any ideas m8 ?????

hi John what version ipod is it mate?

Last edited:
john sorry mate forgot to get back pal tell him to try it again reboot the ipod , is he getting any errors ,

bri
i just done my fone, no bother
but a m8 trying ipod and says he aint got limera1n icon on ipod
any ideas m8 ?????

same here mate
ipod 8 gb
firmware 4.1 model mc086bt
says limera1n has done its job but nothing on the ipod when it comes back on.
not sure of the bootrom tho

good to see you a mod brian, well done mate and janobi

same here mate
ipod 8 gb

nice too see ur still about m8
not heard from u since u came out.:banana:

out on good behaviour :Clap:

work has been mental guys
i dont know what shift im doing to the next
not even time for a wafty crank lol

the things to try lads are
1.itunes up tp date
2.make sure you run Limera1n as admin and try it again , this release is still a bit buggy but defo works for the new ipod touch running 4.1
3.reboot

Last edited:
the things to try lads are
1.itunes up tp date
2.make sure you run Limera1n as admin and try it again , this release is still a bit buggy but defo works for the new ipod touch running 4.1

cheers brian
i tunes is upto date.
will try as admin.
had a quick nosey at sinfuliphone earlier and from what i read it dont work with the latest bootrom?
it was just a quick nosey tho so i could be wrong.

Kryton mate are you thinking of the unlock mate as all devices new can be. its only the unlock when u update to latest fw if you dont use tinyumbrella to update u will update your baseband which cant be unlocked at the mo

Last edited by a moderator:
same here mate
ipod 8 gb

nice too see ur still about m8

Hi Guys there is a beta 4 out that fixes bugs go to link in the 1st post and download the updated version

Does this jailbreak mean I can take the next update from iTunes and not loose cydia and associated apps.

hi mate to the 1st question yes you can update your itunes and the latest fw, you will loose your cydia but with limera1n release you will be able to rejailbreak which means you can have cydia back on your idevice,What fw are you on now mate? i say that because the apps and tweaks you have installed through cydia may not all work with cydia on the updated fw, im personally still on 3.1.2 because the apps i like and use work better on the fw, plus some are not yet compatable with the latest fw.
have you installed appsync if not search cydia and install it it will enable you to sync cracked apps from install0us .
let me know how you get on mate and if you need help

Back