Sensible Topic Let's force everyone to wear a poppy

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, not really but Jon Snow is taking some flack for refusing to wear one on air even though he refuses to wear ANY supportive emblems.

BBC NEWS | UK | TV's Snow rejects 'poppy fascism'

What is it with those people who think everyone should share their view? We have no choice any more?

That's not to say I don't support, more I choose not to advertise the fact.

Not you mate...sorry if it looked that way.
AJT

Lol, hard to upset me M8 :)

Just wondered what all the fuss was about so I thought I'd post and see what members thought.

Personally, I prefer to donate and decline the poppy. I know some say if you're wearing one you get left alone by the next seller but I'll mostly just donate again and quietly move on.

Just me :)

Although I disrespect him for not wearing one I respect his right to choose not to wear one.

if it wasn't for the soldiers who fought in the wars he might not even had the option to wear one or not

All this fuss over him not wearing one? Its his choice

Why @IANB? Disrespect for not wearing one but respect his choice? Am I a worse person for preferring to donate to a variety of causes but not advertising the fact?

Of course @craigneuk, he might not, your point being?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Him Her good point about not having to broadcast who or what you support

Why @IANB? Disrespect for not wearing one but respect his choice? Am I a worse person for preferring to donate to a variety of causes but not advertising the fact?

Of course @craigneuk, he might not, your point being?

I don't respect his choice I respect his right to choose

Ah, semantics. I respect his choice even if I disagree with it. I know, I'm pedantic, just clarifying :)
No I don't respect his choice lol but respect his right to choose. 2 different things mate

Back