Les Grey RIP

lone.gunman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Les Gray, lead singer of 1970s chart topping band Mud has died at 57. The glam rock star died of a heart attack in Portugal, his home for 12 years, and had been battling against throat cancer for some time.
Doctors wanted to remove Gray's voicebox as part of his treatment, but he opted for chemotherapy instead in an effort to save his voice and career.
Gray was due to take part in a concert in Scotland including Alvin Stardust, Marmalade and Middle of the Road.
The charity gig in Glasgow on Saturday is still going ahead as a tribute to the 70s musician. Saturday's Blast From The Past was due to be his comeback, and organisers expressed their sadness and shock at Gray's death.
"He was using this concert to give him a focus for his recovery, and offered to MC for the event and sing if he felt up for it," said event organiser Caroline McFarlan.

I grew up in their era, great band and great guys. Les will be sadly missed, rest in peace, they knew how to get a party off an' runnin' Respect

That's right, That's right, I really love your Tiger Light.
That's neat, That's neat, I really love your Tiger Feet.

It will be lonely this Christmas.

Yes the 70s where my dancing years too.
Oh for the memories.

Jim :)

Shame! :(

I am from the same platform era as well. Like you say Gunny they were nought to sixty in one second.

Back