OS Lenovo Trackpoint middle click Scrolling

daisychain

Inactive User
Reaction score
Got a new P50 recently and normally I use the trackpoint rather than trackpad for mouse movement so when using the trackpoint, I use the middle click above trackpad for scrolling but it's behaving unusual in editors like notepad++ and sublime where it will scroll smoothly for a bit and then jump a page, then smooth, then jumps a page. I tried updating the lenovo ultranav driver but no joy. The trackpad does scroll fine. Any ideas?

I recently got the Lenovo Z50, I use the trackpad for moving the mouse and it also "plays about" skipping, freezing and so on, I'm fairly sure that it's the Lenovo "Elan" pointing device programme that's at fault but I haven't bothered doing anything yet.
Did you also get the fault of the screen magnifying for no reason as well ? I also have to have a new screen fitted after only 4 weeks.
I always rated Lenovo, but this machine is beginning to make me think differently

Haven't had any issue with screen magnifying by its self. Just the scrolling, must be lenovo driver although strange that i only see issue in certain apps like sublime, notepad++, git bash and not in chrome. But haven't seen the mouse skipping or freezing, just the mixed up line and page scrolling.
Ultranav driver on P50 must be equivalent to Elan on Z50, not encouraging to see similar issues across different hardware and drivers.

Back