Hardware Lenovo all in one M90z picture tear/flickering problem help needed

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an older type Lenovo m90z 2471A1G all in one PC. I recently got given it off work but it suffers from annoying picture tear come flicker when playing back any fastish moving video's say an action movie or YouTube and it also does it when I use the DVI to HDMI on the the main TV for streaming movies over.

I thought it might be down to a lack of ram as it only had 2gb at the time I got so I added an extra 4gb so now it's 6gb in total but it's still the same. I've also up dated the Intel HD Graphics drivers , but ?... same.

Is there anything I can do to stop the picture tear and flickering on video playback ?. Surely a PC with decent specs as this shouldn't flicker like mad on and fast moving video's. I've done a fair bit of reading up but I'm non the wiser.
if I go here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceX18O9pvLs
I get a split a third of the way down from the top and and a third of the way up from the bottom, like there about 1cm behind from the middle, basically split into 3.
Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
yeah the link was me , quote ;-

I managed to sort the problem;_

from your desktop screen windows 7,

right click,

personalise,

select an "Aero" theme
not a
Basic and high contrast theme,

The reason Aero can prevent tearing without having to force VSYNC on in an application is because it is a compositing windows manager. It draws the desktop and all windows asynchronously with respect to any running application.
Double buffering + V-sync on results in no tearing

Back