• yes fight

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • stay retired

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

tonks1982

DW Regular
Reaction score
DON KING is ready to offer Lennox Lewis £25million to come out of retirement and face comeback king Vitali Klitschko.
The giant Ukrainian regained the WBC heavyweight title by forcing Nigerian Samuel Peter to quit after eight rounds of their Berlin battle on Saturday.

Londoner Lewis, 43, has not fought since beating 6ft 8in Klitschko on cuts in June 2003.

Veteran American promoter King — who will approach Lewis with an offer this week — said: “What a triumph that would be for us old guys.”

Klitschko, 37, had not boxed since beating Brit Danny Williams in December 2004. But he ruled out a fight against younger brother Wladimir who holds the IBF and WBO titles.

Vitali said: “It was my dream to be world champion at the same time as Wladimir and I have done it, but we will never fight.

“I don’t feel any different to four years ago. I still have the skills and if I’m healthy I can still use them.”

£25m is a huge, huge amount of money for 10-12 weeks work (inc training, PR stuff, the fight etc) and for both men, even though they dont probably need the money, this could well be a final big payday.

Well at least it would be a interesting fight

my money would be on lewis to win

£25m is a huge, huge amount of money for 10-12 weeks work (inc training, PR stuff, the fight etc) and for both men, even though they dont probably need the money, this could well be a final big payday.

maybe need abit longer to ship his beer belly, but he knocked back more to come out of retirement before

Well at least it would be a interesting fight

my money would be on lewis to win

i think everyones money would be on vitali , lewis been out the ring to long and hes 43 were as vitali with a excellent ko record would be 37

maybe it shows just how poor the division is no ali,foreman,types around

been this way for a while now, even if haye can clean sweep the division , who can he fight after it??????????????? a boring division to be in

wasnt Lewis retire as the champ though? Maybe he wouldnt want to gamble with his legacy...

...a boring division to be in

so true mate.

you know things are bad when a nearly 50 year old Holyfield can still be around in the heavyweight division AND you would genuinely fancy him against the majority of guys inside the top 15!!!

(ps: on a different subject, I'm putting my prediction for the weekend down now - Pavlik to beat Hopkins in the 9th!!)

so true mate.

you know things are bad when a nearly 50 year old Holyfield can still be around in the heavyweight division AND you would genuinely fancy him against the majority of guys inside the top 15!!!

(ps: on a different subject, I'm putting my prediction for the weekend down now - Pavlik to beat Hopkins in the 9th!!)

hopkins starts strong pavlik takes over im going with a draw, or maybe a sd

yeah my thoughts exactly - Pavlik to weather the early storm (and no doubt a few sly elbows and headbutts on the ref's blindside!) from B.Hop and then to win when Hopkins starts getting knackered later on.

Pavlik aint ever gonna wow anyone with slick skills but he's got a chin and his conditioning is always top draw. There used to be some vids on youtube at his training camp where it looks like some old school Rocky film!

He was easily running 3 miles inside 15minutes (try it - it's harder than it first sounds!), hitting tyres with sledgehammers and stuff like that!

LOL... sorry for the thread hijack! I think we might have to start a separate Pavlik vs Hopkins thread!?!

Its sad but true, there are no great fighters in this division anymore. Haye is the best up and coming fighter in this division, but struggles to get a title fight. Personally I think Lewis would beat klitscho again, on points or cuts.

As for pavelik vs hopkins, hopkins to win on points. Pavelik has a good chin, but aint got the skills to beat hopkins.

I say offer mike tyson 25million instead, would make for much more intresting fight in my eyes. Plus he has more chance of beating klitchsko than lewis if hes hungry.
Even today know one in the heavyweight division hits as hard as tyson, and has a unique style like his.

I voted to stay retired he doesnt need the money and he doesnt need to prove anything to the heavyweight division especially the present one.

Regards to Pavelik and Hopkins i think Pavelik will have too much for Hopkins and should win comfortably on points.

There is no way that Lennox will be tempted back.
He doesnt need boxing unlike Hollyfield etc

There is no way that Lennox will be tempted back.
He doesnt need boxing unlike Hollyfield etc

Probably true, but boxing for true fans died many years ago.

Remember how many fights Tyson was having in a year when he was up and coming! now they fight every 18 months, a total farce.

Nov 17 2008

FORMER undisputed world heavyweight champion Lennox Lewis is planning a comeback - according to Vitali Klitschko.

The Briton retired after beating Klitschko five years ago and has always maintained he has no interest in looking out his gloves again.

But Klitschko, who is spoiling for a re-match with his old foe, claims he has heard Lewis could be on the comeback trail.

He said: "I heard Lewis is starting to think about his comeback. Who knows? I've shown him a good example. I made my comeback after four years and took the world title.

"Nothing is impossible. Lewis promised me - and like a gentleman I hope he keeps his word. Then everyone who saw the first fight can see the second fight.

"The first one was stopped because I had a huge cut in my eye but I was ready to beat him.

"It was a difficult fight in my history. I never proved my skills against a strong boxer. If Lennox announces an official decision that would be great."

But British heavyweight David Haye is one of many who do not believe Lewis will come out of retirement.

He said: "It's the fight Klitschko has been screaming about after he got stopped on a brutal cut from Lennox.

"Lewis is my idol because he got out of the game at the right time with his faculties intact. It would be a shame if he came back after such a long lay-off."

ld pay to watch that one ..

get it together lads ..

my money would still be on lewis

Back