lcd ghosting

notanotherone

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi im wondering if you`s can help i just bought a new samsung lcd and have divx dvd player through hdmi cable(some of yous have helped on that one allready lol) and now its fine plays reallu good to ,i also have a teac surround cinema system connected via s video cable a drembox 600 pvr connected with scart now all these cables are monster ones but am getting a slight ghosting or shadow on the scart one (using pli helinite image) nothing on the the dvd players there fine and also sometimes on normal tv (only when its fast action but not all the time i watched the car racing on it and it never flickerd) and sometimes on the built in freeview as well any ideas ? ive changed all the cables 3 times and its still there do i have to live with it or is it soemthing stoopid am doing yet again ?

hi im wondering if you`s can help i just bought a new samsung lcd and have divx dvd player through hdmi cable(some of yous have helped on that one allready lol) and now its fine plays reallu good to ,i also have a teac surround cinema system connected via s video cable a drembox 600 pvr connected with scart now all these cables are monster ones but am getting a slight ghosting or shadow on the scart one (using pli helinite image) nothing on the the dvd players there fine and also sometimes on normal tv (only when its fast action but not all the time i watched the car racing on it and it never flickerd) and sometimes on the built in freeview as well any ideas ? ive changed all the cables 3 times and its still there do i have to live with it or is it soemthing stoopid am doing yet again ?

S-video cable is one of the worst connections you could use on your shiny new tv. I suspect that's the weak link in all of this.
When you say you have changed all the cables, is this is for new cables each time? What type are you using, the freebie ones that came in the box?

Had the same problem and realised it's the box, the dreambox tend to do this more than the DBOX.

S-video cable is one of the worst connections you could use on your shiny new tv. I suspect that's the weak link in all of this.
When you say you have changed all the cables, is this is for new cables each time? What type are you using, the freebie ones that came in the box?

the cables are all monster ones and yes i have changed them ive took them back to the shop and asked for new ones each time even when the s-video isnt connected it still has the problem in fact the dvd player that is connected via this has a superb quality picture from it

the cables are all monster ones and yes i have changed them ive took them back to the shop and asked for new ones each time even when the s-video isnt connected it still has the problem in fact the dvd player that is connected via this has a superb quality picture from it

Okey cokey, sorry i missed that bit where you mentioned "monster cables". What setting you using on the DBOX for the scart? is it RGB?
I appreciate you gone out and lashed good money on these cables but I would personally use a scart to component. Saying that tho, you should still get a decent pic (no ghosting) with the scart. Have you got any co-ax aerials connected for freeview? if you have, have you tried unplugging that too as a test? Just trying to eliminate things I can think of at the mo...

Okey cokey, sorry i missed that bit where you mentioned "monster cables". What setting you using on the DBOX for the scart? is it RGB?
I appreciate you gone out and lashed good money on these cables but I would personally use a scart to component. Saying that tho, you should still get a decent pic (no ghosting) with the scart. Have you got any co-ax aerials connected for freeview? if you have, have you tried unplugging that too as a test? Just trying to eliminate things I can think of at the mo...

for the dreambox ive tried every setting going lol and hey thanks for the input much appreciated never thot of the coax though ill try that one as well be as well to elimante every possible thing lol

ghosting on scart connections can be caused when the screening is not very good within the cable (to be honest Monster cables are just well marketed average cables in shiney packets). To eliminate ghosting you can cut pin 19 (or push it through into the plug) at the TV end only. This will eliminate cross talk from the signal coming the other way.

believe (read it somewhere) that if you knock the telly it also causes ghosting by upsetting the LCD.

ghosting on scart connections can be caused when the screening is not very good within the cable (to be honest Monster cables are just well marketed average cables in shiney packets). To eliminate ghosting you can cut pin 19 (or push it through into the plug) at the TV end only. This will eliminate cross talk from the signal coming the other way.
to be honest ive tried everything i even tried what you said and it looks a bit better as i have said it only happens now and then i think am gonna have to live with it its not really noticable as my wife says she cant see it but now that i can lol im on the look out for it thanks for all your help guess ill live with it

lcds lag by the very nature of the technology - you always have some sort of after image from the previous frame as the crystals realign themselves to position "0". IPS panels reduce this effect greatly but sammy dont subscribe to that technology - sorry mate

lcds lag by the very nature of the technology - you always have some sort of after image from the previous frame as the crystals realign themselves to position "0". IPS panels reduce this effect greatly but sammy dont subscribe to that technology - sorry mate
my brother in law bought a new samsung and took it back after a couple of weeks , even though the response time was pretty good it ghosted like hell when he tried to play his 360 on it would this be why ^?

my brother in law bought a new samsung and took it back after a couple of weeks , even though the response time was pretty good it ghosted like hell when he tried to play his 360 on it would this be why ^?

Probably - 360 has a monster fast FPS compared to AV stuff

can't help with 360 & samsung, but the Bravia is cock on.

Its all in the perception of the user. Although in your Bravia lies a samsung panel - sonys bravia engine applies some usefull processing to reduce the problems mentioned.

I have had two samsung HD ldcd tvs and they both have been rock solid with no ghosting. Try connecting the problem source with a short cable that is not routed with any others, including the power cable to the tv.

Feel free to pm me if you need any more help.......I install AV for a living.

Back