latest ps3 update tonight knacked my ps3 up

biffo1

Staff member
Reaction score
switched on my ps3 tonight with mw2 in , it required an update , which i did as this is normal and has never done anything to harm my machine in the past has totally f____ked my machine up so much so it will start a game then totally locks my ps3 up , i have 2 manually switch my machine off which is a no no really , has anybody else suffered the same
regatds
Biffo

Haven't applied the latest update but after the last one i did when i try and switch it off with joypad. the pad goes off but console stays on and i can't even turn it off by the console. Have to pull the plug. This is not everytime but i'd say 40 - 50% of the time. Don't like just pullin the plug either

Happened to me too. Took the update and everything was fine i managed to get onto an online game for 2 seconds and the whole ps3 froze. I turned it off manually and back on and it was fine after that. Played a few online games to make sure and all seems fine now.

downloaded the patch earlier, installed and went online str8 away.

No probs here m8.

The amount of issues with these new consoles (ps3 &xbox360) i dread to think what the next generation are goin to be like.
Or maybe its just a GENIUS idea by the marketing people so you spend more dosh on consoles lol

There has been some problems with the latest MW2 patch 1.08. Some are getting the froozen ps3 when they join a game and some aren't, hit and miss it seems.
I've had it twice but also had 10 team deathmatch games. I think if you join a game which has started then you should be alright.

IW know of the problem and might be pulling the patch till it's fix

from IW site
However, we are aware of several users reporting freezes once connected to games. We are currently working with SONY to identify the source of this issue. This patch has not yet went live for US-Players on PS3 nor has it went live on Xbox 360 yet.

I was shocked when i see that, had to read it again to make sure. We got somethink before the xbox lol

don't think it'll let you play wihtout the update

if you search the net im sure theres a way to play without update, ive seen the post on a forum somewhere, presume its a system update tho and not a game update, i will have to find the post and check, didnt read it as i wasnt searching for that at the time.

i will try to find it and confirm or not as the case may be.

http://w*w.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about930.html&p=1 replace* with w

dont know if it still works, still didnt read the whole thing couldnt be arsed lol, its for you to find out.

Last edited:
Back