latest firmware for 780

its simple, only once do you use pc to flash box,
then menu>.0000.>installation>s/wupdate>and scan
after that go to ss1 and plug your ethernet in,give it a few seconds and it will come on

If the box is new you will have to use the null modem cable first, after that then you can use the remote for all furter updates, follow below for future updates per remote.

menu ...... installation ....... 0000 ....... S/W Update. follow on screen advice after it is finished your box will reboot.

Best then to do a factory default and do a new scan, always do this after new updates i do it that way and dont have any problems.

Hi there,:Fish:

Thanks for the information the box IS NEW although I have just given it a first time scan without the PC, it did come with two cables one that screws into the back of the box and then into the PC is this what you call the null modem cable? (the second cable does not even fit into the back of the box or the PC so dont know why it was sent looks more like a dial up connection that does not fit) You say I only need to use the null cable for the first update, and then the remote there after does that mean that I do not need to connect the box to my PC for further updates or flashes? and what is the difference between the updates and flashes? Thanks again

its simple, only once do you use pc to flash box,
then menu>.0000.>installation>s/wupdate>and scan
after that go to ss1 and plug your ethernet in,give it a few seconds and it will come on

Hi there, :Fish:

Thanks I understand it now after your first scan you never need to connect your box to the internet again, but the first time you need to connect VM connection and all three devices your TV PC and KV box using a null modem connection.
I dont understand your post re: after scan go to ss1 and plug your ethernet in, what does ss1 stand for and ethernet is it a mis spell please explain?
and can you tell me the difference between a Flash and an update?
Oh I think I may have had a flash of insperation ****Ha Ha (Is it a case of you just flashing the box just the once and then its updating from there on using your remote control) Thanks again

Hello,

Can anybody talk me through the first Flash or Update of a NEW KV Box please.

I thought I had it sussed I went to Megaupload a site to download KV Tools + Tuts. It timed me and I thought it pointed me in the direction of needing a Regular Download. After the download it asked me what I wanted to do with it and if I wanted to save it. I wasnt sure as I thought it should be going to the box but after saving it I did the menu>>installation>>0000>>S/W update etc. But nothing I still have the same channels etc. I have a really strong signal 70-82% (Its the right downloads and how do I know if it is going to my Box that I need to know and also what should be connected before I start with a NEW BOX It is now driving me crazy. Thanks for reading anyway and all help needed urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m8,
if you have "sw update" option on your box, it is already flashed...

what problems do you have?

m8,
if you have "sw update" option on your box, it is already flashed...

Hi Getting my channels!

My KV Box has under Menu>> Data download>> S/W Transfer/Send and Channel Data Transfer then Send.

Is that what you mean but it doesnt say anywhere "sw update" have just checked everything in the menu.
But it is the latest model I think KV A780 if thats any help

Last edited:
If it is a 780, have you managed to find the ethernet port yet ?

For a brand new box, you will still need to use the serial update method as they initially come with fta software and nothing to do the cardsharing etc. You must load the 'hacked' firmware onto the box to give it cardshare capability and other features.

Last edited:
Hi Getting my channels!

My KV Box has under Menu>> Data download>> S/W Transfer/Send and Channel Data Transfer then Send.

Is that what you mean but it doesnt say anywhere "sw update" have just checked everything in the menu.
But it is the latest model I think KV A780 if thats any help
m8 you do a sw update online on these boxes after initial flashing...

If it is a 780, have you managed to find the ethernet port yet ?

For a brand new box, you will still need to use the serial update method as they initially come with fta software and nothing to do the cardsharing etc. You must load the 'hacked' firmware onto the box to give it cardshare capability and other features.

It only has one port that connects to my computer which is the one that screws in to the back of the box and into the back of my computer I dont know if it is called a null modem cable or not but its the only port in the back of my box apart from 2 scat leads for th TV and Video

ffs m8,
is your box working or not?

It only has one port that connects to my computer which is the one that screws in to the back of the box and into the back of my computer I dont know if it is called a null modem cable or not but its the only port in the back of my box apart from 2 scat leads for th TV and Video

No, if its a 780 box then it has an ethernet port. It may be underneath a sticker on a brand new box. Check the back and look for the ethernet port again !

The ethernet cable should connect, using a standard Cat5/6 ethernet cable, to your router device (not the PC). Its this cable that allows your box to function in cardshare mode which is a necessity for UK cable presently.

Last edited:
right, have you
factory reset and scanned?

My box is working its a brand new box but only getting a few channels the same amount of channels that I had before I got the box

Unless you flash the box with the 'hacked' firmware (using serial cable which is usually provided) and plug the ethernet cable into your router then you wont get anything else !

Unless you flash the box with the 'hacked' firmware (using serial cable which is usually provided) and plug the ethernet cable into your router then you wont get anything else !

you need a null modem cable for these boxes, which isn't supplied...

also,
if he has the software update option available, it means box has already been flashed......

No, if its a 780 box then it has an ethernet port. It may be underneath a sticker on a brand new box. Check the back and look for the ethernet port again !

The ethernet cable should connect, using a standard Cat5/6 ethernet cable, to your router device (not the PC). Its this cable that allows your box to function in cardshare mode which is a necessity for UK cable presently.

Its got a RS-232 port which is the one that the lead they sent me fits into the one you screw into box and computer, it has two scat ports, it has a RF in where I put the VM feed in, it has a Loop out which I dont know what that is for and then it has the 3 small plug ins that are (Yellow white and red ) which is for video Aud L and Aud R and a power on/off switch at the back no stickers are hiding anything

On a real 780 box, there will be a thickish black pad near the power supply connector. Underneath that pad is the ethernet connector.

If its not there then you dont have a 780 box !

look at the bak of your box between the rhs scart socket and the power lead, you will find an ethernet socket HIDDEN by a bit of black tape.....

trust me :)

Back