latest firmware for 780

if you buy boxes from genuine suppliers you will get either a null modem cable or flash drive depending on make or model,if you get it off a shady character he may bulk buy boxes and none come in them as in null modem cables:banana::proud:

Your right mate I got both of the cables from (My Cable Box)although for a while I was wondering WHY when I could'nt find the port hole. Ha Ha

I watched your video on you tube and went to watch it again but could'nt get it back I would like to see it again befor I attempt to Flash my box.

Because it's a new box I think I have to use the null modem cable to flash the box!!!!!!! and then I think I use the Cat.5E network cable for further and future updates.

Am I right in thinking this or have I got it wrong????????????

Then I will need to know what flash I need and where to get it from.

Then how to download it

I think I have a better Idea of how to update but only time will tell.

If you are staying up and can give me some answers I can try it out later on today.
Good Night

Your correct, Null modem cable between the KV serial port and PC serial port for the first flash. You will need to download the flash image and the flash tool onto your PC and then run the KV flash tool on the PC.

After the initial flash you should never need the null modem cable again. You can disconnect it and forget about both it and the PC.

depending on what firmware is o the box now, you can do an internet update (if there is one)

menu
installation
password 0000
s/w update
ok

Hi

I have been watching the You Tube Video On how to Flash my New Kryiptview A780 Box I think I can do! but which download site do I use? to do my first and hopefully last Flash.

Thanks

have another closer look there is a sticker on rear to remove,and that is where the lan cable goes
he says he got the screw in rs232 which is the null modem cable for flashing
YouTube - Setting up the Kryptview KV780 Cable Receiver

Hi

I have been watching the You Tube Video On how to Flash my New Kryiptview A780 Box I think I can do! but which download site does the Video use? and was it an up to date video its my first and hopefully last Flash.

Thanks

So wheres the best place to buy one of these boxes these days

Your correct, Null modem cable between the KV serial port and PC serial port for the first flash. You will need to download the flash image and the flash tool onto your PC and then run the KV flash tool on the PC.

After the initial flash you should never need the null modem cable again. You can disconnect it and forget about both it and the PC.

I've just bought a box, tried to flash it but didn't work (said download not is not requested - whatever causes that?) - plugged it into the tv and it fired up but it has the software date 26/10/2010 on it. Can somebody please clarify whether having this software version as opposed to a newer one is the reason for me getting the "scrambled or no video" message? I have a signal strength of 88 so I suspect that isn't the cause.

Thanks

you will get software not reqested message if box is switched on you load file and click start on loader then switch power onto kv ,please note all new boxes should now be programmed with jan sw
alex

you will get software not reqested message if box is switched on you load file and click start on loader then switch power onto kv ,please note all new boxes should now be programmed with jan sw
alex

I've tried that many times, checked the COM port settings and they are all correct. The only thing I haven't checked is the cable type but I assume that to be correct because it came with my box - the label on the packaging states it is a DB9 female to female rs232 cable. Could this be the problem?

Thanks again

Last edited:
no thats correct its a null modem lead are you also useing a usb to rs232 convertor if so then thats where your problem is ,if not start loader again with kv powerd off at main,load file click start then power on kv if still no joy open up kv unplug lead from main board to psu and reseat try again there is often bad connections in that plug power may be going to front display but not to main board

no thats correct its a null modem lead are you also useing a usb to rs232 convertor if so then thats where your problem is ,if not start loader again with kv powerd off at main,load file click start then power on kv if still no joy open up kv unplug lead from main board to psu and reseat try again there is often bad connections in that plug power may be going to front display but not to main board

Got it sorted - cable was duff so I went and bought a new one from Maplin, plugged it in and all went smoothly so I'm up and running. Thanks for your help!

a worlds first maplins selling correct cable:Clap::Clap:usually sell the wrong one,well done your sorted.

Back