laptop question

Erbs

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
ok heres the deal i have a pc with ntl broadband rigged up and i have just bought a laptop i want it to be wireless but not bothered about it being connected to home pc just want to run of modem as well as pc?some help please,don't know what to do.i have a reicever in laptop ready to reiceive signal,now what to do? many thanks

the reciever is 11mbps transfer rate,is that fast for wireless? whats the best router to suit card?

Chelsea m8, 11mBps is plenty fast enough for internet use. As for router, best bet is to stick to a well known brand, personally I'd recomend D-Link or Netgear & make sure which ever one you buy supports 802.11b (thats the older 11mbps spec for wireless)...

Have fun :)

lone.gunman said:
Chelsea m8, 11mBps is plenty fast enough for internet use. As for router, best bet is to stick to a well known brand, personally I'd recomend D-Link or Netgear & make sure which ever one you buy supports 802.11b (thats the older 11mbps spec for wireless)...

Have fun :)

Its not fast enough if you have a 10Mbs connection. With cable you normally get close to the theoretical maximum. With wireless connections its normal connection speed isanything from 50-70% of that printed on the box

Back