Laptop probs help :'(

nistleboy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just got a laptop it's a Asus a53u from a friend to fix.the problem WIth it is it shows a pic on an external monitor and not on its own screen. Sometimes when I connect monitor to screen I see a faint highlight on laptop but very dark.
I took the screen apart looking for an inverter but there is nothing.I'm think do new laptops not have inverter s.
Would love some help on this guy's anything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Hi Dave

Not tried a cable I'm leaning towards backlight.the screen I got from bay has a diff serial no which might mean nothing.putting another screen cable in looks pretty hard Dave.i shone a bright torch on the old screen today could barely see the windows loading screen.getting pretty lost with this.do you think another power cable would be good Dave.

Hi Dave

Not tried a cable I'm leaning towards backlight.the screen I got from bay has a diff serial no which might mean nothing.putting another screen cable in looks pretty hard Dave.i shone a bright torch on the old screen today could barely see the windows loading screen.getting pretty lost with this.do you think another power cable would be good Dave.

Well if it's working when using the vga connected then it's not the graphics card,so under normal circumstances it's either screen,inverter or cable,

You have tried screen,it apparently doesn't have inverter,so that leaves the cable,

But having googled the problem it could also need a bios update :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

I have come across this a few times with different outcomes, how is the screen when its running off the battery only ? is it different when running off the power supply ?
I would be inclined to swap out the inverter if there is one.....
depending on the answer to the above it could be a faulty mobo :(

Thanks maggot

I am sending LCD back tom and they will send another .the thing is it works with an external monitor.if it was mine I would take it to bits and look at where the ribbon to the LCD and motherboard and check the joint where motherboard is.
It is very strange as there is no inverter.

Looking like a bit of nightmare. :(

Well if it's working when using the vga connected then it's not the graphics card,so under normal circumstances it's either screen,inverter or cable,

You have tried screen,it apparently doesn't have inverter,so that leaves the cable,

But having googled the problem it could also need a bios update :)

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks wiz I have gave the laptop back and I'll have it next week.the girl watches films on her LCD tv .

Back