Land of Leather twarts

yep my parents had the same problem with their sofa, paid extra for exact colour match, one turned up white the other one a kind of creamy colour lol.

@ Highlander i work for one of these companies SCS and to be honest mate they are all the same once they have your money, i have come across it time and time again.

First thing i would go in and demand yes demand a loan suite one off the shop floor you are not leaving till you get it.

The delivery charged waived for inconvenience.

Free leathergaurd/ fabricgaurd warranty.

If they cannot accommodate you then demand a full refund with the threat of trading standards and a letter to the local paper.

Alternately request the CEOs address and write a strongly worded letter i have known this to work in the past.

hope this helps mate.

@ Highlander i work for one of these companies SCS and to be honest mate they are all the same once they have your money, i have come across it time and time again.

First thing i would go in and demand yes demand a loan suite one off the shop floor you are not leaving till you get it.

The delivery charged waived for inconvenience.

Free leathergaurd/ fabricgaurd warranty.

If they cannot accommodate you then demand a full refund with the threat of trading standards and a letter to the local paper.

Alternately request the CEOs address and write a strongly worded letter i have known this to work in the past.

hope this helps mate.

Top advice

thanks for all the advice, especially TheJackel's, i have sinced phoned them again, and they persist, that my 14 week deadline has not passed yet, which is May 3rd, so they have covered their backs so far.

i was told i would recieve a phone call day before delivery to confirm i will be in next day. so i am expecting the call no later than May 2nd.

but after talking to a m8 yesterday, he said a family member ordered from them, and one of their top ten excuses is........"The van broke down" so van is in for repair, should be out in 48 hours, then we will arrange another delivery"

order mine from there a few months before the xmas the deadline was 24th dec but did mind as i had decorating to do but i had to get on to them as was getting abit close lol phoned them up said they was waiting for it to be shipped to uk phoned again they said was at the docks and they just need to get it to the warehouse then as soon as i wanted i could have it ended up on the 21 dec.So they said delivery was between think it was 8.30 and 7pm waited in all day the them when i had things to do rang them at 5 said they was stuck in traffic ended up getting here just before 7pm jokers but i did feel sorry for the that was the last drop and was heavy recliners that they had to carry up stairs lol

sounds interesting this i have ordered 2 suites fron land of leather and was told 16 weeks delivery i have already paid the full price for one of the suites and these are due to be delivered in 4 weeks time maybe i will give them a ring to make sure they will be on time and also will record the conversation which would then be clear evidence from the store have done this in the past with great sucess

Had our suite for about 6yrs now.
Got it from land of leather.

We were told that if we paid £100 deposit that night that it would be delivered in 6 weeks, but guess what...it took 12 weeks, and constant phoning to check up on it.

Only had small problems with the extended warranty ( why do women want this)...lolol.

Like everyone else, everything that can make a stain...isnt covered.

But we needed the arms on the 3 seater re-packed and the guy fixed the seats on the suite as well, plus we got a loan of a suite whislt ours was away being repaired.

Tel them that your getting your lawyer to deal with them now, and that the trading standards are involved. Also state that you have an elderly family member, and they can't sit on bean bags for another few weeks.

went in to Land of bollox tonight and asked where my couches were.

they checked screen, and could not find it, so tired a few more pages and still could not find it.

then this guy goes into a locked office, and goes on computer in there, then comes out and says, "it would help if i was looking in correct place"

he checks his original screen again, and there it is. (i bethe just fecking added this info in the back office pc)

it says 11th May now.

we let him know that we have been sat on bean bags for last 14 weeks, and he said, he will see if he can take someone else's who has ordered around same time and we can have their's, but nope, he said every warehouse was out of stock.

i bet some twat has got ours if he was gonna do that for us.

FFS, so another couple weeks with no fecking couches to sit on.

11th May in depot, then 7 - 10 days to reach us.

i wanted to rant and rave in there, but i knew security would have thrown me out.

Same thing happened to me, told it would be 10 weeks, 14 weeks later still not there. I had arranged pick up myself, so after 15 weeks I got a phone call to say that, Suite was ready for pick up, but I had to pay a 4 week storage charge as it was there for 4 weeks. So I explained to the girl that there would be no storage charge paid, and that I was on my way to collect the suite. She then went on to explain that on a few occasions I had been informed my suite was there to collect. So I inquired why for four weeks had I been phoning almost daily about my suite, she then replied, "Oh, so your Mr. Yoinker. which only went to show that my phone calls had been in 1 ear and out the other. When I got to the warehouse and demanded my suite or my money back, a couple of the warehouse workers got a bit shirty, at which point I phoned my friends to come and "help" me with the suite.
So to conclude, I actually had to use the threat of physical violence to get my suite which I might add I paid for in full. I know I should have handled it better, but believe me, I had totally lost it at this point.

So LOL sucks *ss, and stay the hell away.

All the best

Yoinker

i called in on Saturday and asked them if my couch was to be delivered on 11th, wich was Sunday, they said nope, june 11th, so i said right, forget it, i want my card refunding.

she said she needs the nod from head office and area manager, and will email him right away, and i should have a phone call either saturday evening or at the latest monday morning to tell me they have refunded my card.

i called back into land of bollox yesterday evening, and asked them why i have not recieved a phone call, and another daft cow there said, they have nothing on screen about me asking for a refund.

she checked her screen and said the couches have actualy arrived in depot on 11th May, so why do i want a refund when i will have it in 7 days, thats not the point, it's the principal of being lied to and messed around, and i said i still want a refund.

she phoned the area manager, and he said that he needs the details emailing to him and then he will see whats happened and authorise a refund.

still no fecking phone call.

so today, my partner rings the holding depot that is storing my couch, and guess what, they have no record of my couch arriving, and told us it is due in on 11th June.

so i will be back in there again later, and not leaving store till i have my card refunded.

you really couldnt make it up could you. . . . get comp for the inconvienience as well if you are able to

i called in on Saturday and asked them if my couch was to be delivered on 11th, wich was Sunday, they said nope, june 11th, so i said right, forget it, i want my card refunding.

she said she needs the nod from head office and area manager, and will email him right away, and i should have a phone call either saturday evening or at the latest monday morning to tell me they have refunded my card.

i called back into land of bollox yesterday evening, and asked them why i have not recieved a phone call, and another daft cow there said, they have nothing on screen about me asking for a refund.

she checked her screen and said the couches have actualy arrived in depot on 11th May, so why do i want a refund when i will have it in 7 days, thats not the point, it's the principal of being lied to and messed around, and i said i still want a refund.

she phoned the area manager, and he said that he needs the details emailing to him and then he will see whats happened and authorise a refund.

still no fecking phone call.

so today, my partner rings the holding depot that is storing my couch, and guess what, they have no record of my couch arriving, and told us it is due in on 11th June.

so i will be back in there again later, and not leaving store till i have my card refunded.

Incredible mate! You're definately best off just waiting in the shop until you get your money back, otherwise I think they'll be taking the p1ss with this aswell

omg.....talk about tyaking the piss....i would also want to see that person that said it will be in the ware house on the 11th may,....next time someone looks at a computer and goes......urrrrrr yes it'll be delivered bluh bluh bluh u wanna swing that monitor around and have a look at the bloody screen ur self.....out of priciple now mate, u have to get ur money back, and tell them if they take a day longer ur be wanting interest too.......also tell them, the've really taken the piss with this now and that ur gonna also report it to ????? (who ever it is, watch dog or something)

i wouldn't have it now just out of fooking principle either..unless they refunded me half the money back...lol

well, we called back in tonight, and the woman that originally said i would get a call on Saturday was there, and she looked pale when she seen me.

i was 2nd in que at desk, and guess what, the man in fron of me, was demanding a refund too, as he was told his sofa was arriving 2 weeks ago, so he took time off work, then he was told last week, so he took more time off work, and then today he was told if he wants it, he has to go to Leeds depot and collect it himself, so he is demanding refund now.

whilst he was being seen to, teh woman said to me taht the area manager has not replied yet, so she cannot authorise a refund, so i told her i will be back within 24 hours and he had better have responded by then, as the company is taking the piss.

so i will update you's all tomorrow.

@ tina, you are the 3rd or 4th person to mention watchdog, and yes i will deffo be getting in touch with them.

cheers.

get authroasation..i'd tell them to fook off. he didn't have to authroise it when u paid for it did he....i'm sorry but i wouldn't opff left that fooking store...would of parked me arse on their's and refused to move mate...tell them to phone him at home.

@ tina, you are the 3rd or 4th person to mention watchdog, and yes i will deffo be getting in touch with them.

cheers.

yeah and tell that....how long are u really supposed to be coming home from work and parking ur self on the floor....tell them u could of got ur granny to knit one in the time the've taken

if it was a credit card m8 get in touch with the cc company they may be able to help.

if it was a credit card m8 get in touch with the cc company they may be able to help.

it was a debit card m8.

and i have just left an essay on watchdogs website.

seen as i am still out of work, i might just sit in there all day tomorrow and take my PSP in and might even take my dog in, and sit on all the sofa's untill i get a refund.

and take a drink in, just to see if their stainguards bollox they give you actually works.

it was a debit card m8.

and i have just left an essay on watchdogs website.

seen as i am still out of work, i might just sit in there all day tomorrow and take my PSP in and might even take my dog in, and sit on all the sofa's untill i get a refund.

and take a drink in, just to see if their stainguards bollox they give you actually works.

Can still do a charge back on a debit card mate, nearly did it with pc world :) lappy was broken through psu failure... and pcw wouldnt replace, so got onto bank.. (coop)

Give your bank a call, they will want proof of what the delivery date should of been with a letter... then they will pull money back :)

Give them a call mate, got nothing to lose.

Dont take your dog mate, they will ask you to leave then call the police and have you removed as once they have asked you to leave your then tresspassing as its private property,... I know this as I used to do security once left army :)

Same could apply even on your own, but they will prob be less inclined to call police...

What I would do if your intent on going down there, Ask for your money back loudly so anyone in ear's shot will hear clearly... Then if they give you loads of bull shat go over to everyone that is talking to a sales rep and lose them there sale :) they cant do you for this as your giving your opinion to buyers so they have a full and unbiasd opinion :p

Back