Kryptview A780

bambam

Inactive User
Reaction score
I just herd dat the new kryptview a780 is out. also i hav com across the firmware for it as well. I hear it costs less that da iconnector & kryptview a750 bundle & its jus da same as the kryptview a750 but has lan support built in.
y didn't they jus release this 1st instead of releasing the iconnector.

Maybe they released the iconnector for peeps that already own a a750.....just a thought!!!

I take it YOU were'nt one of them!

Last edited:
The iconnector has been around for a while. It just happened to be suitable for the A750 so kept the cost down a little.

I meant, if he doesn't like it, he shouldn't purchase it.

I just herd dat the new kryptview a780 is out. also i hav com across the firmware for it as well. I hear it costs less that da iconnector & kryptview a750 bundle & its jus da same as the kryptview a750 but has lan support built in.

Please, could you write using something that resembles English.

All this text-speak stuff gives me a headache - its nearly indecipherable !

In fact could we make it a rule no text or gangsta slang and use a spell checker all browsers have them built in

edogg

that's right

The A780 has an ethernet port built in so no need for the i-connect (ethernet to rs232 adapter)

It's essentially the A750 with I-connect built in and the new FW for both is sweet (auto update etc), these run very stable and I prefer these to the SV6 with 'Carling' Firmware (not that it isn't good, I just prefer the Kryptview)

And as mentioned the I-Connect was aimed for those who already have an A750 box :)

And as mentioned the I-Connect was aimed for those who already have an A750 box :)

Although I'd guess quite a few oppertunistic dealers have bought lots of 750's along with the Iconnectors hoping to make a killing by selling at over-inflated prices. With a bit of luck, they'll be left with the stock as people see the advantages of the 780 !

There's now little point in buying the 750/Iconn combo.

Please, could you write using something that resembles English.

All this text-speak stuff gives me a headache - its nearly indecipherable !

I am not writing gangsta slang. I dont know what your problem is with it. I wrote like that because Its quicker to do so. If you don't like it than just ignore it instead of making a fuss about. I purely made a comment on these new kryptview boxes.you understood what i wrote.
@ edogg why don't you make comments related to the topic instead. take that reply you made to the general chat section.

see you can write properly so it is understood by people whos' first language may not be english

edogg

I bet you in a few months time were gonna see even more Cable boxes with ethernet ports :)

I bet wont be long before we see a few offering gift A+ or free tv ;)

Not actually got a KV-A780, but just out of interest, are the people using these/and who are on VM internet, hiding the internet data to the c/s servers from the box using anything like a VPN tunnel?

Just wondering as read about it somewhere else and it might be a good idea to do something like this as VM then cannot trace you to the servers KV might be using, which apparently may be housed in India/China...

Not actually got a KV-A780, but just out of interest, are the people using these/and who are on VM internet, hiding the internet data to the c/s servers from the box using anything like a VPN tunnel?

Just wondering as read about it somewhere else and it might be a good idea to do something like this as VM then cannot trace you to the servers KV might be using, which apparently may be housed in India/China...

yeah its possible to have the server somewhere where its much harder to track or disconnect however it also means worser pings for uk folk which could lead to stuttering/freezing and other issues.

It still goes back down to what the hobby is all about setting it up with a small group of freinds/family ;)

.... it also means worser pings for uk folk which could lead to stuttering/freezing and other issues.

The ping times would have to be incredibly bad to cause stuttering. With Nagra you could probably get away with 2-3 second pings. Even pings to Australia are well less than 500mS for me !

You have to remember servers like KV/SV are all primary link servers. There's no resharing chain like can occur with dreamboxes etc.

Last edited:
hi guys ive been doing a bit of reading regarding these boxes and my question is does the box work when n3 is in place all over the nation and will it continue to do so for the forseeable future i hope someone can clarify this for me thanx peeps.

it's not a N3 hack, it's card sharing to someones private server - you pay your money you take your chance IF it's a stable way and IF it doesn't get shutdown. it's in it's very early stages.

beaware, if you have VM broadband and your cardsharing OVER it you're asking for trouble and is completely mental.

Back