Knife and Fork Solution!

charlieram

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, long time no see, looks like we been foiled again but what if we were to go back to using fenrir/yankse again and swapping just two of the values over from the two keys that it spits out? Maybe, Maybe it just might work if you know what i mean ;)

hope that helps someone out there!!

I was mucking about with that today but never got it to work. Fernir refuses to update, I'm not sure whats causing it. What ROM is it using? ROM7?

All I get is

0025 Start
0025 Stop

lol...

Any luck?

both plugins are available on multidec but you may need a few files from the caid version to get it working but like i mentioned it does spit out two incorect keys

I'll see if I can find my old key swapper application and maybe I can get that working..

Nope, I'm getting no keys.. No idea whats going on.. Could you please send me your files so I can compare?

Thanks.

Infact, do the incorrect keys of the two roms, Even remotely look like the current correct key? If not we will have to wait for the Dreambox ROMs like last time :(

yep just have to swap 2 digits from 1 to other, will send you files tomoz as going to work now

There's an updated version of vplug out that apparently solves the problem.
Can I post the URL?

There's an updated version of vplug out that apparently solves the problem.
Can I post the URL?

2.3.8 is the latest version? I think its ok to post the URL since vplug contains no keys. But I don't think vplug has been updated anyway..

Nice work Vahid!

w w w . zshare.net/download/5195677166ebbcfa

Nice to have a fix before everyone else for a change... 8)

Nick [D]vB;1413649 said:
Nice work Vahid!

w w w . zshare.net/download/5195677166ebbcfa

Nice to have a fix before everyone else for a change... 8)

Ta for shareing that ;-)

No more waiting around for patched roms now Vahid is on the case! 8)

Thanks to Evis for getting the logs over to vahid last night.

The full 2.3.9 installer is here:

h t t p ://vplug.baywords.com/2008/11/28/vplug239/

Remember to set the correct EMM PID.

It's always nice to have a back-up though, I'm sure Snitch will work with

the Dreambox roms when they appear...

Last edited:
That's the URL I was going to post but I had to get back to work.
It's pretty impressive that he got it updated that fast.

The good news is that it'll take vermin months to code, test, test, test (including small scale roll outs) and test again before deploy a new algorithm.

Interesting, it did update but it got the last two digits wrong.
Keymaster got them right though so a simple update fixed the issue.

Interesting, it did update but it got the last two digits wrong.
Keymaster got them right though so a simple update fixed the issue.

:( Back to square one... Can anyone confirm this fix actually worked yesterday? If so then VM have changed something again.. grr.

I definitely worked yesterday and it's just worked for me again.
I reinstalled 2.3.9 and updated the Nagra MDL file, restarted DVBViewer and cleared out all my keys.

It complained about having an empty keys db so I added a blank key (with a hev value of a1) and it pulled the full key out of the stream.

It's not quite back to square 1!

The first fix was just for rom11, so when Vplug processes an EMM targeted at rom10 (or rom7) it will still find incorrect keys.

The updated Nagra.mdl added the fix for rom10 and if you really want to you can use the new patched dreambox rom7.bin to get the full set.

In fact you can delete all the other binaries except for rom7 and it will still AU, it even workes with the old version 2.3.8!

Job done! 8 )

Back