Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Knackered Nokia Box??????

bert1

Member ++
Hi. dont know much bout freeview.....but a friend of mine has a Nokia freeview box (2 years old approx) which now is unable to get out of standy mode.The lights in the set top box remain on constantly as would be expected but no response to the remote despite doing the obvious changes.

It sounds to me like the remote is knackered so:-

1-If anybody thinks differently,any comments would be appreciated.

2-If agreed any suggestions as where to find a cheap suitable replacement ?
Cheers
B1

Hi,
An easy way to test your remote is to point it at a camcorder or webcam and push a button (the ccd inside the camera will be able to see the infared light coming from the end of the remote where your eyes cannot) if its working it will look like you are pointing a torch at the webcam.

if the fault is found to be with the remote try firstly new batterys (duh) and secondly try dismanteling the remote and give the circuit board and rubber keypad a good wash with hot soapy water...let it dry... and then rub the contacts on the back of the circuit board with a 2b pencil before re assembling.

most of the remotes i look at suffer with this problem of grease between the keypad and contacts.

Darcy

tried your suggestion and it would appear that the remote is working....

meaning the stb is locked in standby.........any one out there have any ideas...
tried the old on and off lark but no joy........

Back